2

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ∞    ✧.·:·.*═══╗
'THE FIRST NOTE'
╚═══*.·:·.✧    ∞    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

"Thanks for the piggy back and remember to stay hydrated
-H :)"

Hattie felt the paper between her thumb and her index finger, she slid the note under the bright red door- the one she knew was Rudy's and hoped that maybe it would make his day a little brighter.

Hattie looked at the door once more as she straightened her posture and let a small smile appear on her face.

As she walked home, her mind flickered to how the letter might make him feel. Would it make him smile? Cause an excitement within him?

She didn't even think about the negatives it might bring, that's the type of person she was.

The brunette flashed a smile to every stranger she passed upon the sidewalk and sometimes frequently said a joyful 'hello' to a few, just to brighten their days.

Hattie swung open her apartment door and skipped into the living room, as her usual happy self. She covered her brothers eyes from behind and leant down to whisper his ear.

"Guess who?"

"Hello Ti." Teddy responded boredly, every time that she walked into the house she did the same thing or at least something similar to try and make him crack a smile.

It never worked but he appreciated her consistency.

"Well look who's no fun." She muttered with a playful roll of her eyes. "Have you eaten today? I can cook something or-"

"I ate earlier." He said not taking his eyes of the TV, his monotone voice echoing through their empty apartment.

"Okay." Hattie pursed her lips thinking about what to say next and jumped onto the couch, but Teddy beat her to it.

"Why are you so happy?" Teddy questioned turning to face his sister curiously, she looked at him with a shrug. She was truly a mystery to him, someone he couldn't quite figure out.

"Always am." She smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, he embraced her little frame and only slightly broke a smile. He loved her, that was certain.

Hattie hoped that the note would make Rudy at least smile. She hoped that she could do that for him.