Chapter 28.

Chapter 28.

"Maggie..."

Magnolia was stood outside the Champions tent with Ron, waiting for Harry to reappear. She turned to Ron, who was looking at her with apprehension.

"I, erm... I'm sorry." He mumbled, "You know, about everything since... well you know."

"I do." Magnolia smiled, "I get that it's difficult being next to Harry all the time, next to The Boy Who Lived, when no one knows you and you're pushed to the side lines."

"Yeah, I guess I just let it get the best of me. Hermione said that you stuck up for me at the beginning."

Magnolia shrugged, "Well, I somewhat know how you must have felt. I just have Harry to compete with, not a whole bunch of other brothers."

"You seemed pretty angry at me sometimes." Ron chuckled, "Once, I thought you were really going to hurt me with a curse. You looked so, I dunno... dark."

Magnolia tensed, looking away from Ron. She knew what he was talking about, she had panicked about it for a while after. She really had almost cursed him.

"Sorry about that. I was angry at you, you more then anyone. I understand why you were angry and upset, but you are also Harry's best friend. I was angry that you just dropped him so quickly."

Harry came out of the tent then, followed by the other Champions who all went their own ways. Magnolia smiled and waved at Cedric when he waved at her, then began to walk up to the Castle with her brother and Ron.

"Congratulations, Harry!"

A woman in green robes had practically jumped in front of Harry, Magnolia guessed it was Rita Skeeter; the floating Quick Quotes Quill beside her giving her away. She was watching Harry with a sickly-sweet smile.

"I wonder if you could give me a word?" She purred, "How you felt facing that dragon? How you feel now about the fairness of the scoring?"

Magnolia pulled herself up straighter next to her brother, prepared to defend him against the woman in front of them. She could tell that Ron was doing the same on Harry's other side.

"Yeah, you can have a word." Harry retorted, "Goodbye."

The smile on Rita's face faltered, before her eyes flickered between the three students. Her eyes locked on Magnolia with a new fire burning in them.

"And, who are you?"

Magnolia had never been more thankful that the wizarding world seemed to not know about her. After the article Rita Skeeter had written about her brother, she dreaded what she could write about her.

"I'm nobody."

Harry pushed Magnolia's around Skeeter, closely followed by Ron, and the three bustled up to the Castle. Magnolia reminded Harry to write to Sirius, she knew he would want to know what happened in the Task.

Fred, George and Lee Jordan called them when they had reached the Entrance Hall, to tell them that there would be a party in the Gryffindor Common Room that evening. Magnolia grinned, saying her goodbyes to the boys so she could go and get changed for the party.

"Don't forget the letter, say hi for me!" She called to her brother as she was leaving.

Magnolia practically skipped into the Slytherin Dungeon; she was on a high after the positivity of the day. Magnolia felt like things were looking up, and she grinned at Theo when his arm fell across her shoulders.

"You look happy." He remarked, "Any plans for this evening?"

Magnolia nodded, "The Gryffindors are having a little party for Harry."