Gregnant

(Uhh, content warning for a transmasc person being pregnant bc I know that makes some folks uncomfortable!! Nobody's rude about it to him though!!)

Trevor McAllister

I awoke sweaty and queasy. I felt like I was gonna hurl. I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could, held my hair up and let the vomit loose.

It must've made a little bit of a ruckus because Carl came in, rubbing his eyes. "You alright, Trev?"

"I dunno. It's probably just a stomach bug or somethin'. I dunno what else it could be."

Carl stared off for a second, as if he were counting something.

"Shit. Shit shit shit," he mumbled. "It's been long enough, and the condom broke. Shit. This can't happen," he panicked.

"Are you thinking it's morning sickness? I doubt that's what it is Carl, I'm tellin' ya, it's probably just a stomach bug."

"But what if-"

"-if you're that concerned we're going to that grocery store with the pharmacy today, we can look for a test."

"I guess..." he trailed off. "I just don't want this to kill you, like-"

"-we have a doctor. Well, Hilltop and The Kingdom do. I'll be alright Carl."

He sighed. "Maybe. You can't guarantee that though."

>>>>>>>>

As soon as we got back from the run, I ran home to use the test.

I jogged up to the bathroom and shut the door. I read and followed the directions on the package, then I washed my hands and shoved the test and instructions in my pocket to wait.

In the meantime, I went to my room to play video games. Sly Cooper was always in the console, so I just had to turn it on and play.

About half an hour later, there was a knock on my door. I paused the game and opened the door to see Carl.

"Did you use the test?" He whispered.

"Yeah. You don't have 'ta whisper, Cass and James are at the forge. I haven't checked it yet." I pulled out the test and instructions out of my pocket and checked it.

"Two lines, damn it." His face fell. "Hey, it's expired. It could be wrong. We'll just have to go to the Kingdom and see one of the doctors."

"I know, but last time-"

I cradled his face in my hands. "Nothing bad is going to happen, Carl. I promise."

"You can't promise that."

"I know, but I can try. We might have to stay with Lillian for a while, but I'm okay with that."

"I guess having a doctor would help," he whispered.

"That's it. It's gonna be alright. We're gonna be alright." I caressed his face.

"You don't know that either," tears were welling in his eyes.

"I know, but I've got a feeling. The gods are looking out for us."

He sighed gently. "We should probably tell my dad. He's gonna kill me."

"Yeah..." I trailed off. "Honestly, I'm worried too. Worried I might do something dumb. I just, I don't know if I'll be able to handle this. Not like, physically, but emotionally. My dysphoria's gonna get real bad. I can't believe I was so dumb. I-"