<2> Filler?? Idk what to call this haha

Trevor McAllister

My parents and I were running through the woods. The snarling was getting louder. Gunshots went off and I glanced behind me. They were being eaten, again.

"...Trevor, RUN!" My mother's gargled voice echoed.

I shot up out of bed. I had that dream every day since they died.

I tried my best to steady my breathing.

"Are you alright?"

At the unfamiliar voice, I turned to see that Aaron was no longer keeping watch over me. He was instead replaced by a Latina wearing camo and a canvas hat, her dark hair drawn into a tight ponytail. She didn't seem very friendly.

"Yeah, nightmare," I breathed.

She nodded skeptically. "You hungry?"

"I could eat," I replied. I didn't feel hungry, but I almost never did.

She pulled out a walkie talkie. "Kid's awake, could someone bring him breakfast? Over."

"I'll send Carl. Over," Rick's voice cracked through.

"So kid, how old are you?"

"Sixteen. My name's Trevor, by the way."

"How'd you survive out there on your own?"

"I was with my parents, and I was a boy scout. To be honest I was barely holding together. You?"

"Army." She didn't seem much for conversation. I pulled out my book.

Carl soon arrived holding a tray of food. "Hey Rosita."

She nodded to greet him. "You good to keep an eye on him?"

Carl nodded and she left. He set the tray in front of me and sat down. "What are you reading Trevor?"

"It's called The Unwanteds. It's pretty good, I've read it about 12 times now. It's about an island where they send kids to their deaths for being creative." At his look of concern, I continued. "It sounds dark, it kinda is, but it's like Harry Potter but way less boring."

I picked up the tray and began eating. After a few bites I asked, "Scrambled eggs? Does that mean you have chickens?"

"We don't, one of the communities we're in alliance with does though. We trade them for eggs and stuff."

"There are other communities?"

"Yeah, we told you that yesterday," he chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm forgetful sometimes. ADHD does that."

"That's okay. Could I look at the book? It seems pretty interesting."

"Sure," I handed him the book and as he read, I finished the food. I left the last bite, as usual.

He finished the first chapter, as they're fairly short, and handed the book back.

"I'll have to borrow it some time, it seems cool."

I pushed it back to him. "Borrow it now then."

"Oh, thanks," he took the book and smiled.

I was about to say something dumb when the door flew open.

"Carl," Rick panted. "Negan's here."

"He's not supposed to be here for three more days, what about Trevor?"

"Well he lied. Come on. Just make sure the cell is locked," Rick replied frantically.

Rick left and Carl glanced between me and the door a few times. He set the book on the chair.