Dr. Shelby

Do you know what love is?

Does anyone honestly know what it means? What it stands for?

You could be in this hell bound four lettered verb for as long as you may please. That is, if you want to. You could leave. You could pack up your things, decide to live with your brother and his wife with two kids and three legged dog named Lucky, while leaving a note on the living room table as it reads, "Suck my ass." But sometimes you don't. Sometimes you get this odd disease called "feelings " and you just can't seem to let go.

Because you still somewhat care. Because you can't stand seeing the one you adore with someone else. So you do what can to make it work. But it gets a bit frustrating when it's one sided. When you are the only one who cares. 'Cause feelings just don't go away, right?

Or maybe it's just for the best when you go your separate ways. I don't know. People split up or get divorced everyday. It isn't rare.

It's just...

Not being able to feel the comfort of your body on mine kills me. Not being able to wake up next to you makes me want to vomit my heart out. Seeing you smile at another human being tricks my mind into thinking I can't breathe. Bury myself deep into the Earth, crying and screaming. Your chest hurts and your head aches; you feel as though you are dying.

These are the symptoms of loving too hard. These are the side effects of when the mutual feelings begin to fade.

This is what happens when you're in love.

--

"Hello gentlemen! You both look great." Dr. Shelby greeted as she stood.

Jacob was the first to embrace her before taking a seat in one of the two creme colored chairs. He was sort of glad of it being two seats instead of one small couch. He didn't exactly want to sit so close to Ray, as petty as it may seem.

Rayan gave Dr. Shelby a quick hug before asking, 'How you doin'?' and receiving a 'I'm good! And you?' and replying with, 'I'm fine.'

He also noticed the two seats and wondered why it wasn't a couch like in the movies. Rayan had never been to therapy before so he didn't know exactly what the format was. But truthfully, he was relived that he didn't have to sit so close to Prince either.

Things have been tense ever since a couple nights ago and he just did not want deal with it.

The therapist closed the door, let out a breath when she sat down and said, "Now I just want to let you both know that since this is our first meeting together that, there is no filter here. You are safe to say whatever you feel comfortable saying. Trust me, I am a professional. I am here to help and get the ball rolling again." She grinned.

Ray had raised his hand, "What if the ball has a hole in it?"

Jacob glanced at him as if that was a dumb question to ask but secretly looked at Dr. Shelby to see if she had an answer.

She simply shrugged, saying, " Well we do what we can to patch it up." Rayan wasn't sure if he was satisfied with that answer so deciding not to question anything else, he just licked his lips and nodded.

It was quite cozy in the room with the blinds closed, dim lighting and nice air conditioning. It was very easy to sit back and get comfortable. Both boys thought this was going to be a difficult process. They were surprisingly wrong.

"So, " she began, "What brings us together today?"

Both boys looked down and around the room trying to avoid her gaze, neither of them wanting to speak up first.