Influence

"We have to do something about this so called League!" The Minister for Heroes, Yumiko Yamashita slammed her hand down on her desk as she addressed her subordinates. They were mostly public servants. They weren't elected. They didn't know what it meant to have their constituents turn against them. To have their party turn against them.

"Ma'am, we are doing all we can!" the objection came from the Head of the Hero Public Safety Bureau, which was the main department she oversaw.

"Are you?" Yumiko asked sarcastically.

"We are, Ma'am," came the reassurance.

"It sure doesn't look like it," she snapped back. "They've killed hero after hero!" She reminded them.

It wasn't, strictly speaking, quite true, but this League had revealed All Might's weakened form and caused him to retire. They had then brought down Endeavor with the scandal that was his family and now they had outright killed Kamui Woods, the former Number 6 Hero... And they'd done in on live TV, showing Dabi burning the hero alive. The station had been censured for that but it didn't change the fact that the public had seen it.

More than that, they had attacked UA several times.

And what did the Heroes, and by extension the government have to show for it?

Nothing. An old man locked up in Tartarus but nothing more. The new Leader, this Tomura Shigaraki was getting stronger. He was gaining more followers and the influence of the League was spreading. The Heroes weren't keeping up.

"We're doing all we c-"

"No!" Yumiko interrupted the platitude. "You need to do more," she told them all. "You need to find them and arrest them! And it needs to be soon."

Every time the League made a move, the Government had acted, using an independent Representative's suggestions. They were good suggestions, but they had to do more. The fault lay with them and the public was quick to blame. They weren't blaming Imoku because he was the one who came up with suggestions to help regain trust but they were blaming the Government because even if they went with Imoku's suggestions, they were the ones who were letting the League run wild.

"We can't just arr-"

Yumiko glared. "You have leads? Pursue them."

"Nothing strong," the Commissioner General said. He was the head of Police in Japan. He had dark grey hair and sharp eyes. He knew how to play both politics and his underlings.

"What about your plan?" Yumiko questioned, glaring at the Head of the Public Safety Bureau. They had come up with a stupidly reckless plan but what good was it if it did nothing?

"We are still working on it. It's not like they trust him," came the response. "And with his promotion, it's made it more risky."

Yumiko could understand that. If it came out that the Number One Hero, Hawks had defected to the League it would be a disaster. It didn't matter that he was being a double agent, all the public would see was the betrayal, and that would be the end of everything.

"You have to do something," she reiterated.

"Ma'am, we really are doing all we can."

"Then perhaps I can help?"

The entire group spun in surprise. They were in a governmental meeting room. The building itself was guarded but... Who was this?

Yumiko looked at the man. He was tall, slender and had dark hair with piercing eyes. His hair was swept back and he had a mask over the lower part of his face. He also had a lanyard around his neck. She saw the colour of it. Green. That meant he had clearance here but she had no idea who he was. Thankfully the others with her were just as confused, though the Commissioner General had a frown on his features, as if he was trying to recall something.