Not Another Ball

I woke up the next  morning not recognizing where I was. I looked around the room realizing I was back home in Transylvania. Dimitri was asleep on the couch and Prince was nowhere to be found. I started to worry that Prince might've run off. Dimitri must've heard me silently freaking out. I guess he knew who I was looking for.

"Prince is in the stables. They needed him away from you for a bit and to look at him."
"Why did he have to stay away from me?"
"Bonnie took away your pain. You would've taken his pain if you came in contact with him."
"I can go see him now right?" I normally don't ask but I refuse to put my horse in danger.
"Yes you can. Your father also wants to meet with you."
"Did he say what it was about?"
"No just put on something nice."
"Uh I know what he wants."

I quickly shower trying to wash the blood off of my chest. I changed into a black dress with some red pumps. I walked down to the study where I knew I would find my dad. He was in there without anyone else which was strange.

"Dad you wanted to see me?"
"Yes we are having a ball tonight to celebrate your return home."
"Please not another ball."
"Prince can come."
"Fine, I'll come."

I went to the stables and what I saw angered me. Prince hadn't been given his blood dosage or he scared them away. I gave him his blood and a quick groom. I changed into my spare riding clothes and gave him a quick ride. I took him to the hose and gave him a proper bath. I let him sun dry because he knew when he got a proper bath it was for a reason. While he was drying I went and ate some breakfast. I was in dire need of blood so I had to leave my pancakes behind. The blood was well worth it. About an hour later Princer was dry. I re-groomed him and put on his nicest halter. When he was finished I went to take another shower. I curled my hair into tight spirals. Dimitri came in when I was almost done.

"Why are you getting all dressed up?"
"My dad is throwing ball that I am required to attend. That also means you have to go."
"Uh. What dress are you wearing?"
"A red and black dress."
"You wear that all the time. Try a different thing."
"You can't tell me what to do."
"I'll help you with the corset and hoop."
"Fine you win. I will wear navy blue."
"I'll take it. Go grab the dress."

I like to have my hoop skirt and corset tight meaning I scare the crap out of Dimitri because he thinks it will kill me. I finished lacing up the front of my dress and adding the accessories. I had to wait for my brother to come and place the matching tiara. I blame the tradition. While I waited for my brother I applied my make-up. he came 15 minutes before the ceremony. He quickly placed it on my head before I could yell at him. I ran to the stables grabbed Prince and brought him to the ballroom. I took a deep breathe before they called my name.

Presenting Princess Viktoria Lily von Krolock and Guardian Dimitri Belikov.
Presenting Prince von Krolock.