21

{Reality}

_______________

Jeongguk loves laying in their arms.

There's a domesticity to it all that just makes his heart flutter when he wakes up with Jimin and Taehyung cuddling against him.

And Jeongguk has never been a fan of cuddling.

Over the past few weeks, however, he's learned that he absolutely loves it with his two best friends.

Maybe that's a little strange...

But when he wakes up on the morning of Jimin's birthday, alone in his Iron Man decorated bed, he feels so cold.

He misses waking up with them, their hair messy, and voices raspy, but they don't care.

A few times they'd gotten up and went back to the waterfall, spending the days in the sun and water.

They love it there.

It's the only place outside of the apartment where they feel like they can be free. The place they have their deepest conversations, and for the times they went at night, their late night rants about random things. Everything seems more meaningful when they're there.

It belongs to them. And only them.

Homecoming was last week, and things have only gotten better since then. The three had spent the rest of the night talking mindlessly and sharing soft kisses until they fell asleep in each other's arms.

Jeongguk loves the feeling so much that he hates school even more than usual. School days mean that they can't sleep over at Taehyung's. Which means that Jeonggukie doesn't get his cuddles...

But it makes him enjoy them that much more when the weekend comes.

Jimin's birthday, however, falls on a weekday.

A Thursday.

Jeongguk groans, dragging himself out of the bed and into his school clothes. The school doesn't have uniforms, but they have a very strict dress code. So Jeongguk grabs his black pants and a nice polo shirt, pairing it with his favorite boots.

And you can guess which boots they are.

"Your hair's black," is the first thing Yiren says when he sits at her table in the library during free period.

"Thanks for telling me," Jeongguk snorts.

"You've gotten a lot sassier lately, ya know that?"

Jeongguk just giggles as he grabs his books from his backpack. Yiren eyes him, but eventually goes back to looking at her laptop.

"Ya know," she suddenly says after a few minutes. "Sometimes I feel like a broken record when I talk to you."

Jeongguk pauses for a second, pen in hand, before he looks up. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over again."

"A little bit, I guess," Jeongguk shrugs meekly. Yiren sighs with a soft smile, laying her hand over the boy's.

"Jeongguk, I just want to see you happy. It's been almost two months since this whole non-official relationship started with you guys and anyone can see how happy you are with them," Yiren says. "Yet, you're still worried about other people, and what they think of you."

"Yiren, my parents got pissed at me for getting my ears pierced. How do you think they'd react if they found out I like boys?" Jeongguk sighs, whispering the last part, and looking around to make sure no one could hear.