3.8

I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces. My stomach dropped and the color drained from my face, and so did his.

"What?" Was all I could manage to say.

"Listen, I don't want to fully breakup with you but I just need a break. I think it will be the best for the both of us."

"And how do you know what the best for me is!?" 

"Leigh I don't want to argue about this." He said as he rubbed his face, as if he didn't want to even talk to me anymore.

It took every inch of me to not break down and cry right now, I felt weak all over.

"Fine." I said as I slipped off my ring and started to take off my necklace.

"Leigh you don't have to-"

"No Daniel James, I do." I said as I forcefully grabbed his hand and handed him the two pieces of jewelry.

"But you bought the necklaces..."

"Keep it, I don't anything that deals with you." I said as I turned and walked away. As I did I could see Zach and the end of the stairs, he definitely just heard everything.

"Yo Daniel, are you sure about all of this?" He asked.

"Yes."

I opened the door and ran out of the apartment, all the way to the end of the hall. I heard Zach chasing after me but I didn't stop. I quickly opened the door and saw Jack sitting on the couch but I went straight to my room as I had my hand over my mouth.

"Leigh wait," He said as he stood up, coming after me.

I barged into my room and over to my bathroom, where I threw up into my toilet. I got on my knees as I felt someone pull back my hair and rub my back. Tears started to fall down my face as I held my stomach.

"It's alright." The person said, it was Jack.

"Leigh I- woah." Zach said as I heard the heavy footsteps stop at the door.

He grabbed a rag and handed it to me, I took it and wiped my mouth then flushed the toilet. I started to stand up and wipe the ruined makeup off.

"What happened?" Jack asked.

I watch Zach shake his head to signal that now wasn't the time to ask.

"Jack can you go get me a water?" I asked him as I looked down at the floor.

"Yeah sure, one second." He said as he walked out of the bathroom.

As soon as he did, I turned to Zach. "I don't wanna stay here tonight Zach. I don't need any pity from Jack or Jonah and I definitely don't want run into Daniel again after the party-"

"Woah slow down, you still want to go out?" He questioned me like I was crazy.

"I'd do anything to get Daniel out of my mind, and that's a party with drinks."

"Okay, here we can rent a room for tonight if that's fine with you." He said as he pulled out his phone.

I nodded my head and went to my closet, pulling out a small suitcase and just throwing clothes into it. As I was doing so, Jack walked back in.

"Here you- where are you going?"

"Out." I said as I went to my bathroom and threw stuff in there too." I got down and zipped it close, then I handed it to Zach, "put your things it in too."

He took it from me, "okay, give me like five minutes then meet me at the car." he said as he walked out of the room.

"Leigh wait what is going on, and where are you going with Zach all dressed up?"