What happened?

The first thing I felt was pain. It radiated out from the back of my head and my left arm.

 ...ow....what happened?...

 "You got hit in the head with a rubber bullet." The voice next to me startled me to full contentiousness.

 I groaned and tried to sit up on, what I can now see, is a bed. I whimpered in pain from the pounding in my scull.

 "Hey, take it easy." A hand grasped my uninjured arm and helped steady me. "You're lucky that the bullet bounced off a wall before it hit you."

 "I don't feel very lucky right now." I responded, wincing from the light streaming from the lamp on a night stand by the bed. "Where am I?"

 "My house, that hit knocked you out and I couldn't take you to the hospital." The hand on my arm started to move to my head. I jerked my head away not wanting him to make my head hurt worse.

 "It's okay, I'm not gonna' hurt you man." The hand started to pull away.

 "Sorry! I just-" I reached for his hand and looked up.

 Wow. No wonder he wears a mask. He's gorgeous. I thought, taking in his sun kissed skin and the brown dreads tipped in blonde that tumbled over his broad shoulders. I admired how chiseled his jaw is, and howwarm his brown eyes looked. So dreamy.... 

 "Just?"

 "Huh?"

 "Just what?" he moved his hand. Making me realize that I still hand his hand in my grasp while I was ogling him.

 "Sorry!" I dropped his hand. "I- uh. I just, didn't want- ah, I mean-"

 "Hey, calm down." He put his hands up in a placating manner. As if I was a frightened animal. "I shouldn't have touched you without asking."

 "it's okay, just- ah, just give me a second. Okay?" 

 "Yeah"

 He has such a nice voice.

 I closed my eyes and took a breath. I could remember most of what happened. The protest, police, and when people were shot at. I recalled the moments before I was knocked out. I remember feeling strong arms holding me after everything had faded to black.

 He must have carried me. Fuck. He cared me while running from cops and dogging bullets. God-damn he's hot. 

 I took another deep breath. Now is not the time to be drooling over him. He's sitting right there! while you're probably in his bed...

 "Thank you. For making sure I got somewhere safe." I said, trying to distract myself from my thoughts. "I'm Fox"

 "Fox" His voice was filled with much skepticism.

 "My name really is Fox!" I turn to face him, pleading with him to believe me. "My parents acutely named me Fox! They're major hippys!"

 "Okay, okay" his hands came up again. He chuckled to himself and said more to himself than to me "Man you sure do get worked up a lot for such a little guy."  

 "I'm not little." I say potting and crossing my arms gingerly. "You're just freakishly big."

 "Is that so?" His voice dropped to a low rumble as he shifted closer to me.

 "Yeah." I replied, my throat suddenly feeling very dry. I licked my lips and watched his eyes flicker towards them.

 I felt heat creeping up my face.