Chapter 20

Author's note:
Sorry for late update🙏.. Had a writer's block 😅🤗
Mizzie is gonna happen soon✌✌

 Had a writer's block 😅🤗Mizzie is gonna happen soon✌✌

"Hey! " Lizzie said as she entered Nico's room. She has had a long day. She just wanted to know the truth. Nico smiled. He hugged and kissed her. But then he realised that Lizzie didn't look happy.

"Are you okay? Did something happen? " he asked. Lizzie didn't know what to tell him.

"Babe what's going on? " he asked.

"I want to know the truth. I heard something and I wanted to ask you about it. "Lizzie said. Nico looked at her puzzled.

"Veritas tempus!" Lizzie muttered. She knew this was not a good idea. But she can't deal with anymore lying. Nico looked at her in shock.

"What did you do? " he asked.

"I cast a truth spell! I know you might get mad. But honestly I don't want to deal with lies anymore. I just wanna know the truth. Are you hiding something from me or lying to me? "  Lizzie asked.

"Yes. But Lizzie.... " Nico started. Lizzie asked the next question.

"What is it? "

"About the ball... " Nico started but he hesitated for a while.

"I told you that I asked my mom that I'll go with you or I won't go at all. I also told you that I didn't take you because I didn't want you to get hurt. But that was a lie. I told my mom I won't go because she wanted me to go with Hope. She finally agreed that I bring anyone of my choice. But still I didn't want to go with you. Yes you would get insulted by my self-praising family. But I was also scared of you. You told me about yourself after our fight in the party. My family for sure would drive you over the edge! " he replied. Lizzie was shocked.

"You were scared of me? " Lizzie asked in a fading voice.  Her eyes were tired of crying. She felt so fed up.

"Not you! I was scared of what you're capable of. I want to help you. But I honestly have no idea what to do when something like that happens. I don't know what to say! " he said. He didn't want to hurt her feelings but the truth spell didn't leave him any choice.

"Were you scared of me any other time? " Lizzie asked wiping the tear that escaped her eye.

"After you told me about you.....I've been scared the whole time. I didn't want to say or do anything that might upset you. I know how important it is for you to not slip into it. And I want you to be happy Lizzie." he said. He could already see her disappointed face.

Lizzie let out a breath and tried to get her emotions under control. She was unusually calm about this. Maybe she knew that this was coming to an end long back. Maybe because she could see that he really was innocent and didn't mean to hurt her.