"what the fuck"

Y/n P.O.V

I opened the car door to see a smiling Robin looking back at me. She was wearing a pair of overalls and a striped shirt underneath.

"Hey, you excited?" she said looking at me with her bright blue eyes. I gulped.

"I mean yeah, still a little anxious." I said looking down as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Is their anything I can do to help?" She seemed honest and really genuine, she seems so different when Steve isn't around.

"I mean nothing that I can think about right now" I said just looking at my hands in my lap. As I was fumbling with my hands she turned the car on and the cool air from the ac hit my skin giving me goosebumps.

"Ok so maybe we should have a code or something like that." She said glancing at me then immediately gluing her eyes back on the road.

"Oh wait that's actually a good idea" I say as I play with my hands in my lap. I don't know why I'm so anxious it's just a highschool party I don't see the problem.

"What if.. i don't know tap my hand on your shoulder twice" I say, "well if you're comfortable with it I mean if you want to try something else tha-" she cut me off with her warm voice "hey rookie chin up, don't worry about it, I like the idea".

"Oh um sorry about that I kind of talk a lot". I said looking out the window "it's ok rookie" she responded. What the fuck am I doing, I hate high school party's and hanging out with people. I'd much rather be in my room cozy and I'm my pajamas. Whatever too late now I mean I wanna make the most out of my high school years I guess then,

The car stopped. "We're here stupid come get in the car." she said yelling out to Steve. Putting the car in park. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second just preparing myself for the rest of the night. Steve was parked across the entire parking lot to avoid getting towed so it would take him a while to get over. I heard a mumble of incoherent swearing coming from Robin, she had pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and tried to light it but her lighter was having trouble. "Wait I have a lighter on me" I said reaching for my pocket, she managed to say as she held the cigarette between her lips "didn't know you smoked". "There's a lot you don't know about me sailor" I said as I pulled the lighter out of my pocket and toss it over to her.

She then tries again to light her cigarette with no luck "oh come on what the fuck" she muttered with the cigarette stuck between her lips, I chuckled, "pff let me try" she hands me the lighter, her hands were cold but warm at the same exact time. She lifted her head, cigarette still in-between her lips, beautiful lips. I strike the pad of the lighter and go to light the cigarette. My eyes were glued to her lips as if she had me in this trance. I look up to her eyes which were strictly focused on the flame almost as if she was trying to not look anywhere else. I light the cigarette and put the lighter back in my pocket finally breathing again. "Thanks rookie, you're a real lifesaver" she said then took a long drag from the cancer stick, she then offers me the cig. Again our hands bumps as I go to grab the cigarette it slips out of my hand and falls onto the floor of the car near my feet.

"Ah fuck fuck fuck" I said as rapidly rush to grab the cigarette that was burning a small hole in the carpet of car. "Shit fuck, I'm sor-" Robin looked over more concerned about the car than me "fuuuuuck" she groaned dragging out the "u" sound. "I'm sorry I really am it just slipped out of my hand an a- and-" she rubbed her head and cut me off "rookie don't worry about it it's just this is my dads car and he hates when I smoke in here he will be livid in the morning" a long silence drew out until the click of the car door. "helllllllllo ladies" the familiar show-stopping voice came through loud and clear. "ready to have fun" he followed up with. "more than ever" robin said and she took the car out of park and finally we got on the road again. "come on Robin no tunes?" Steve questioned as he messed with the radio as Robin was swatting him away from the front. "broke it last week, no tunes for a while until my dad can go get it fixed." I wondered earlier why she hadn't put music on it looked perfectly fine to me but i had very little knowledge of how cars worked at all. I tried to keep quiet. As of right now I know I am way to in my head to talk and Steve clearly didn't get the memo. This night was going to be a living hell.

A/n
sooooooooooo it's been a hot second and i know this update sucks but you know what it's alright. i've grown a lot since i started this story and i think i'm finally in a place to start writing again! BUT in the case that i like don't. i hope you all are doing well and know that you're loved !!! til next time