11. I Believe In You

"I want to be an actor and a musician!" Joshua chirped to the teacher as he smiled. You look at Joshua in awe while smiling, sitting next to him. "Well I'm sure you're going to be a great actor and musician Joshua. You sing Mr. Golden Sun so well." The teacher replied with a smile. Joshua giggles as he turns to you smiling like crazy. "I believe in you Joshy. You can do it." You say grabbing his hand, smiling back at him, continuing to listen to the other kids sharing what they want to be when they grow up during circle time.

"I don't know Y/N." Joshua says shaking his head. "What if I don't get in?" Joshua asks nervously, wringing his hands. You closed your locker, looking at Joshua with a raised eyebrow. "Are you kidding? Josh come on! Of course you're going to get in! You've been practicing for your audition everyday! I've watched you! You're a natural!" You tell him smiling. Josh pressed his lips together. "And if I don't get in?" He asks. You scoffed. "Joshy, it's a school play, if they don't put you in then they are blind and dumb." You answer. "Besides, I know for a fact that you're going to get in. I just know it! Josh you are so talented, anyone who doesn't notice that has a problem. And think of it this way." You say as you leaned against your locker. "These are your first steps into your career. Don't worry if you won't make it, you'll have lots of other opportunities." You add as Josh nods. "But, I also know that you're Joshua Bassett and everyone knows you're gifted with that voice of yours and your musical abilities." You say smiling. Joshua smiles as well. "I know you're going to get in." You tell him as you placed a hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you." You tell him.

Joshua pants, jumping up and down as he shakes his hands. "Okay, okay. I can do this. First show jitters, right?" He asks, turning his head towards you. You nod your head, giving him a reassuring look. "Right! Look, don't stress out! You've been practicing for this moment! No need to be nervous! I know you can do this!" You tell him, walking up to him as you give him his water bottle. He sighs and takes the bottle and drinks from it. "You're right. What am I nervous for? I got this." He says giving you back the water bottle. Josh peeks from behind the curtain to view at the audience. "Oh boy." He sighs. You walk up to him again and pull him away from the curtain. "Josh. Don't think about how many people are out there! Think about here. The stage! You! Your part! Think about Everything you've done for this moment. You're going to be fine!" You tell him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you." You say smiling. Josh smiles and his gaze lays upon you as he gives a nod. "Thank you." He tells you, giving you a quick hug as he runs to his spot for curtain call. "Break a leg!" You tell him with a big smile.

"I don't know." Josh says closing his laptop. Your eyes widened. "What?! Are you kidding? No! Come on!" You say sitting up straighter and closer to Joshua on his couch. "It's probably not that big of a deal." He says shrugging it off. You furrow your eyebrows. "What? Uhm, no way! Josh come on do it! It's your dream! It's a big step for your career!" You say opening up his laptop and giving it to him. "Do it! This is big Josh! Who knows you might get an audition and it might happen!" You explain, pointing to the screen. Josh hesitates, but you shook your head. "Come on." You say. You smile, nudging him with your elbow. "Do it. Sign up." You add. Josh looks at the screen then at you. "I believe in you." You say putting a hand on his shoulder. Josh's face relaxes and he smiles. "I know you do." He replies and clicks the sign up button.

You smile as those memories ran in your head. You've been there for Joshua since the beginning and you have been his support, and he appreciated that.

You sat in your living room, scrolling through pictures of you and Joshua from kindergarten up to now. You two have been the bestest friends and have been through everything together. Not to mention, you two grew closer to each other, having feels for one another and became boyfriend and girlfriend. It was pure bliss for the two of you and you both cared for one another. The two of you were inseparable.