Love at First Sight

The demons took her to the border of their two worlds. She could not pass the border alive unless she ate the fruit that grew on the tree of darkness. It was forbidden to consume for the simple reason that it only lasted for just a few moments and If you're back in time, you're stuck there forever. The queen forbade it after her father never returned from the underworld.

She stood at the border as she waited for the demon's master. It was a very rare sight to see anyone at the border, unless you were dead. The border was the passageway to the underworld. The demons would lead them to where they belong within it. The God of the underworld's only way of getting beyond the border.

He finally arrived at the border, before her.

"You finally came to me. You are far more beautiful in person, My queen." he said as he bowed before her.

"My lord, why do you send your demons after me? Why must you torment my people in order for me to come?" She was not in the mood for flattery.

"I'm sorry If I offended you, my queen. I only wished to make your acquaintance. " He walked closer to the border knowing they could never touch.

"Have you no honor? My people live in fear of your attacks." She glared at him.

"It's not becoming of a queen to make such faces." He calmly stated.

"It's not becoming of a God to torment the living because of his lust." She snapped.

"My apologies, my queen. I did not intend to torment your people in any way." He understood why men wanted her. It was not for her beauty But her brains. Even though many men thought it wrong for a woman to be any form of education, they still lust for her.

She proved more valuable when fought for what she believed in. "This will end today, my lord. I will not stand for any more torment." She had fire in her eyes and a lion roared when she spoke.

"As you wish, my queen. I have one request before I enforce yours." He had an evil and lustful look in his eyes and was a composer of a man with much power.

" What is it, my lord?" She knew no fear like what she felt at that moment, But she would never show it.

"You must meet me here once a week and I will no longer send my demons after you." She understood very Well what she had to do. In the name of her people, she accepted his deal. To finalize the Deal they cut their hands and let the blood fall on a flower of death. If one of them broke the deal, the flower would wither and die, causing them too to die.

Every week, on the same day and time, she would meet at the border. Her people understood why she did the deal. It had to be done. Once she was at the border, they would talk until nightfall. After that they would return to their homes each time.