Sandor+Grizel-Dancing in the Dark

A/N: Hello! This is the start of a bunch of one-shots, inspired by my close friend! Specifically this one! Sandor and Grizel! Enjoy! ;)

(And the fanart is not mine. I found it online. Whoever did it did an excellent job! It was perfect for this one-shot!)

Surrounded by all the other new recruits, Sandor stood stiff and tall. 

Even though there was no instructor in the room.

And everyone else was loose, chatting, dancing even, holding their weapons limply at their sides. 

Or not at all. 

And Sandor didn't like the looseness.

He couldn't afford to let his guard down. None of them could, in his opinion. 

People got hurt that way.

And he had to protect his charges.

That was his job, and Sandor intended to do it perfectly. 

"Hello there Mr. Sunshine!"

Sandor sighed. 

It was Grizel, one of his top competitors, and one of the most flirtatious of them all.

And she had her sights set on him. 

"Greetings Grizel."

"Why the down face?"

"We just graduated! Liven up a little bit! Dance with me! Shake that booty of yours!"

They were at the graduation party, with all the other goblins that made it through the arduous and grueling training. 

Out of the 134 female trainees, and 220 male trainees, only 76 female goblins and 54 male goblins lasted. 

Everyone else had to wait at least a year to attempt again, or they were relegated to more civilian duties. 

Sandor was determined to not let that happen to him, and letting people into his life increased the chances of his lifelong dream to become one of the Queen's personal bodyguards, the highest ranking any common goblin could receive, of failing. 

If I show myself to be the best of all the recruits, I could become the first civilian-born goblin to become a bodyguard of the Queen in over 200 years. 

And Grizel can't stop me. 

"Grizel, please excuse me for not wishing to dance, but-"

What was that?

Something had moved, suddenly, and it wasn't one of the many newly appointed recruits moving about. 

Something was off. 

Grizel was probably still talking to him, but Sandor could only focus on the feeling

He couldn't explain it, but Sandor always got this feeling  before something happened. 

Something bad.

Then, he got the scent. 

Amidst the fresh-washed, playfully scented recruits, was the heady scent of goblin disguised ogre. 

I have the element of surprise. 

Use your training Sandor. 

This is the backbone of an army. 

You can't afford to lose anyone. 

"Grizel. You trust me, right?"

She stopped, staring at Sandor. 

"Yes. What is it?"

"Listen and trust everything I'm about to do."

And Sandor whirled around, taking Grizel's face in his hands, and kissed her, pressing her up against a wall. 

"Sand-"

Against her lips, Sandor whispered angrily. 

"Behind me. Do you see it? The ogre at the window."

"No! Sandor! I thought you were-! You can't just-......Wait. "

"Yes. I see him."

"Good. Now, you are going to go about the room, get the most level-headed recruits, and we're going a surprise 'dance' party. Got it?"

"Yes. But next time, kiss me a little more purposefully. Your acting is terrible."

"No, it isn't. I took that drama class."

"And you almost failed, but fine. We'll settle this later."

And Grizel flounced off, gathering her friends for an impromptu "dance" party. 

And for the first time that evening, Sandor smiled. 

Now it's a party.

He cracked his knuckles, and brandished his sword. 

Good thing I brought my best decorated  and most efficient weapon with me. 

This is going to be a bloodbath, in our favor. 

Let's go.

A/N: Hooray! This has been on my mind for awhile, and I finally finished! :D 

Feel free to suggest a ship you'd like me to do! Otherwise, I'll just go in a standard procedure, with my favorites, and work down the list! Thank you! :D