Dinh-Cinnamon Rolls

A/N: Hi guys! I was asked to write a Dinh ship shot by Pandemonium2020 and so here you go! :) Hope it's satisfactory!

First, it will be from a third person's POV to introduce the setting, then Dex's perspective, and Linh's, and repeat with a slight twist to finish off! Also a human AU. Enjoy!

It was a chilly autumn day, but the sun was shining brightly, and the leaves crunched pleasantly underneath the footsteps of a strawberry blond boy who was walking swiftly towards his high school.

The shouts of his triplet siblings followed the eldest Dizznee, who groaned and tried his best to block them out.

The middle school was just a block away from Dex's school, so he was forced to listen to the chatter and shrieks of his whirlwind brothers and sister.

"BYE DEX! REMEMBER YOUR DATE LATER WITH LINH!!! DON'T LET TAM SCARE YOU!!!"

Flushing from embarrassment, Dex fled the scene, trying to get away from the pain that only siblings can muster from within you.

Dex was pleased that he was able to summon up the courage to ask Linh out, and she had agreed.

The ting that worried him the most was her twin brother.

Tam.

Just the name made Dex nervous, and his siblings used this to torment him to no end.

He liked Tam well enough, they moved in the same friendship circles, but all the emo-ness and shadiness drove people away.

Although, that might be the reason why Tam went to such lengths as to keep up the "bad boy" appearance.

The twins' story was indeed a tragic one that scarred the two of them in a way that might never heal, but they coped with it differently.

Linh was bubbly, enthusiastic, and she overflowed with a kind of joy that is only accquired through hardships.

Tam was, to put it simply, the exact oppposite.

But it worked, and the bond got them through during the lengthy process of being disowned by their parents for being twins of all things.

Soon, they were adopted by an empathetic teacher, but it did little to ease the blow of several years in the foster care system.

Shaking his head from these sorrowful thoughts, it filled Dex with a determination to make this relationship count.

Entering the double doors of his school, Dex took a deep breath and let the day begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Psst. Dex."

Looking up, I saw a hand waving in front of me. 

It was Sophie's hand, and she drew it back.

"You've been staring at the board for 7 minutes and 17 seconds. And that's while I've been counting. Are you okay?"

I sighed. 

"Yeah.... It's just that I don't know where to take Linh on our date later."

Sophie looked thoughtful, biting her lip. 

We were in study hall, but I knew the teacher didn't mind, and I needed help with where to take Linh. 

She pulled out a light purple journal, and I recognized it as her "Ideas" one. 

After Biana and Linh took her shopping a few weeks ago, Sophie got into a stationery kind of thing. 

I'm not sure if it's just a phase, but she seems a lot happier now that she has somewhere to shape her ideas, other than her brain.