The Truth

The next morning , I woke up in a hospital bed with my mother and Abigail sitting beside me .

"Oh My God Lukas YOU ARE ALIVE !!"- my mother was crying . I didn't know what happened that day . Was I dreaming ? Was I being chased by that spirit ? Either way the doctor said that I needed to take some rest . It was boring all day by just simply lying on the bed , staring at the ceiling and thinking about what happened.

Then Abigail came to check on me and asked whether I was fine and did I need anything . I asked her what happened that day and how did I end up alive in the hospital . At first she was hesitant to tell me but then she spoke out -" I called out to you but you were about to faint . The spirit was running towards us and I didn't know what to do . I saw your phone on your hand so I took it and threw it as far away as possible to distract it "

" And ? " I asked . " It ran away . A man then saw us and he helped me take you home and then your mom took you to the hospital . When the doctor asked what had happened , I've just told him that you hit your head whilst you were cycling . And here is your phone" she handed my phone and told me that she went during the day time to get it . I thanked her and proceeded to take rest .

Three days later I got discharged from the hospital and returned back home . I started to make drawings of new dresses for a homework given during art class at school . Then on the news I saw a man who claims to have seen the girl with no legs . " She had no legs , had a sickle in her hand and she was pale ." He also said that this ghost was from an urban legend called " Teke Teke " .

I then rushed to get my laptop to search and find out about the ghost but found very little information .

I returned to school the next day , everyone were curious to know about what happened to me . I couldn't even remember anything of what happened that day so I said that I didn't know .

It was maths class and teacher asked me what had happened that day . I kept quiet but Gouda stood up and spoke about the incident openly to the class . Gouda is one of those nosy people who likes to interfere in other people's business .

Then came lunch time , me and Kendji were walking to the cafeteria but a police officer came and stopped us to ask us a few questions about the encounter . I called Abigail to help me with the question as she was the witness and when that got over , the officer said that I could go and meet Mr.Haruki of the Literature department in Tokyo as he was also doing a research on the ghost .

After school , I and Abigail walked to the city to meet him . We entered a very tall building that had nearly twenty floors . I didn't know which floor we had to go to meet Mr.Haruki but suddenly he walked past me . " You're Lukas right ? Officer Yamada told me that you'll come to see me " said Mr.Haruki . I said yes and he invited us to his office to discuss about the matter .

He tried to explain everything about the spirit briefly -" This ghost was usually told as stories by parents to their children so that they don't go out late at night . But now we have three cases regarding the spirit . She was a school girl of the same age as you kids ( 16 ) who used to get depressed a lot . One day she got runover by a running train and her body was cut into half . She often interrupts janitors by asking where her legs are at . If she is not satisfied  by the janitor's answer then she'll cut her victim into half . However most of the janitors escaped death by answering KAMEN SHININ MA or by saying that her legs are at Meishin Expressway . She also attacks people on railway crossings at night who would end up in the same fate as her . This is all I can tell you but Mrs.Inui can tell you more about her story ." I had no words to describe what I have just heard . Mr.Haruki had a meeting that day so we had to leave .

We came back the next day and he said that we could take help from Daitan and Mia who were working with Mr.Haruki .

Both of them were really good friends to us , always took care of us , dropped us home , picked us up from school and often told us about their interests .

One day Daitan told us that the time has come to meet Mrs.Inui . So we made our plans , informed Mr.Haruki and we set off to a town which was slightly far away from Tokyo . Me , Abigail , Daitan and Mia were going to see Mrs.Inui . It was a three hour drive from Tokyo .

We reached Mrs.Inui's place and we were welcomed to her house to talk . The house looked as if it were 100 years old , behind the house was a dense forest that could be filled with many dangers .

Mrs.Inui then spoke -" She had problems within her family and often got upset about it . She never spoke to anyone . She even started to scream out as if she were possessed and got mad that she started to throw all her belongings that were red in colour out of her window . One day she was walking back home and accidentally fell on the railway track . A running train came and cut her body into half and died . She hated the colour red . "

All of a sudden it all struck me in a quick flash of a second - The woman that I and Abigail saw in the bus had a red handbag , Hayumi had red shoes , the man who spoke on television wore a red T-shirt and most importantly I and Abigail survived only because she threw away my phone with red cover .

I then asked Mrs.Inui whether there was anything we could do to please the spirit . " There is a tomb about a few kilometers away from here deep in the forest . If you can place the memorial upright then she would be satisfied provided you carry no red belongings with you " said Mrs.Inui .

We agreed to do it . The four of us kept away all our red belongings in the car and began to go to the tomb . Mia said that she'll wait for us in the car while we three go and place the memorial . Daitan stood at a distance to make sure nothing happens to us whereas me and Abigail went towards the tomb .

I hear the dreadful  noise "Teke Teke" . It started to get a bit louder and we knew that the spirit was somewhere near us . We proceeded to place the memorial upright which was a difficult task . Wind was blowing hard , stone was heavy and we had to make sure that we don't hurt ourselves and bleed whilst doing it .

At last we did it ! The stone was upright and we were safe . I sighed with relief .

Mia came running to check on us . While running , she hit her head on a tree and her head started to bleed . I started to get frightened . I see the spirit . It began to run towards Mia and before I could do anything , it killed her .

I was about to puke , Daitan was about to breakdown and Abigail nearly fainted . I grabbed her in an instant and we began to run back to our car and drove away as fast as we could . That was a day to forget for us and we never went back there . The thought of it makes me feel sick .

That happened about four years ago . Now me , Abigail , Kendji and a new friend of ours , Nata moved into England .

I'm a fashion designer , Abigail and Nata are singers and Kendji has become a blogger . I would often design dresses for Abigail and Nata for their music concert . Kendji learned English and is able to adapt to the new lifestyle in London . At times I scare Abigail by designing and sending her a red dress just to laugh at the creepy moments we had back in Japan . We also had contact with Daitan and asked her on how she was and her whereabouts . She is still continuing to write more stories and are good friends with us .

This is the story of my near death experience in Japan .