Please stay a.i

You stare at your refection in the mirror. Today's the day, you keep thinking to yourself. You hear a car pull into the driveway. You run your fingers through your hair then race down the stairs to meet your husband at the door like you usually do. Ashton comes through the doorway. He shuts the door behind him and puts his bag down.

"Ashton, we have to talk," you say trying to grab his hands but he moves them to scratch the back of his neck. He seems distant today, like he's not focusing on one thing.

"Yes, we do," He sighs and steps back. You can read his body language and you know something is wrong.

"I'll go first," You say with a smile. He shakes his head.

"No, I'll go, there's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to say it," You swallow hard and your knee's shake. "There's someone else," your heart sinks, you feel like throwing up but you fight it, he has more to say. "She makes me happy. I don't expect you to be okay with this, I know it's a pretty shitty thing to do," tears stream down your cheeks and you need to sit down so you do.

"How long has this been going on?" you ask in a shaky voice.

"Almost a year," you begin to question your entire three year marriage. How could you be so oblivious? You begged him to stay but he refused. "I'm leaving you, Y/N, I just want to be happy again, I hope you find someone some day to make you as happy as she makes me. Please don't cry, it hurts me to see you cry, I didin't mean to hurt you."

"When are you leaving?" you ask wiping tears away from your eyes.

"Today," without missing a beat he walks up the stairs and into the guest room. He comes back downstairs with a packed suitcase.

"please stay," you beg Ashton. He shakes his head, tears well up in his eyes but he fights it.

"I can't stay," He puts his bag down. "i hope one day you can forgive me and we can be friends again," he offers a hug but you step back. He sighs and grabs his bag. He opens the door. "Please don't think this is your fault, it's not, I'm really sorry, Y/N." You watch as he shuts the door behind him and gets back into his car. You stand at the window and watch his car pull out of the drive way. The only thing you can think of right now is now how am I going to tell him I'm pregnant?