Part 11-rude

We arrived at camp on Saturday, the same day as the showcase, and then Sunday we started our training. Our first day we played against Aoba Johsai and it was pretty uneventful till the break in between games. Seijih won the first game by taking the second and third sets, though the last set they won 32-30 so we were exhausted.

We sat on the benches at the side of the courts, each team sitting seperatly, and we tried to catch our breath and restore energy with snacks and water. Somehow Tooru had a fan club all the way out here in Hasetsu and during the break many of the girls ran into the gym to ask him out. I squirmed nervously expecting him to say yes to one of them and leave me behind, but that's not what happened.

"sorry girls, but I can't except. I'm gay contrary to popular belief and I already have a guy that's caught my eye so I can't except sorry" he smiled and waved at them trying to usher them out of the gym and both teams stared, mouth open in shock. A boys I recognised as  Makki from Seijoh yelled "YOU'RE GAY?!" the boy beside him laughed out "PAY UP! TOLD YOU HE'D BE GAY" and their team seemed to laugh while Tooru looked surprised and the girls looked mad.

"are you kidding me? You allow a faggot on your team? You should kick him off while you have the chance, don't need a disgusting waste of oxygen around like him" one of the girls broke through once again bringing the gym to silence. "What the fuck!" I yelled scaring everyone including the girl. "language! But excuse me you need to leave, and don't come back" Suga yelled. "No one here cares if shittykawa is gay or not, so you need to take your dumb opinion and shove it up your ass because we don't need to hear it. I'm gay, the team isn't going to kick me off" Hajime spoke stepping closer to the girl at the door. "We're gay and dating, our team doesn't care" Daichi chimed in grabbing Sugas hand. "I'm gay!" Noya and I yelled in unison. "I'm bisexual but still" Tanaka shrugged.

"see, sexuality means nothing to us. Oikawa is one of the best setters in Japan and no one would turn him away just because he's gay. So fuck off and leave" I made a shooing motion with my hands and she huffed turning to walk out the door. I turned back to face Tooru who had a shocked and awkward expression on his face. "sorry she insulted you guys. My fault, thanks for standing up for me you didn't have to" he chuckled though he had a pained look in his eye. I wanted nothing more than to run up to him and hug him but I knew I couldn't infront of our teams, so I just nodded in his direction and headed towards the bench grabbing my phone. "of course we'd stick up for you, that asshole not only insulted you but basically everyone in the gym, it's not right. Homophobes will never be tolerated" Hajime comforted Tooru which I smiled at. "thank you for telling her to shove her opinion up her ass for me" "yeah dude that was hilarious!" Makki screamed

Tooru made eye contact with me so I quickly pointed at my phone and he seemed to get the message grabbing his own and sitting on the bench opposite ours. "Hinata, I get that you were mad but watch the fucking language next time OK?" Suga scolded me "Suga you just- nevermind" Daichi grabbed his arm pulling him away to sit on a bench near mine.

To 'Tooru🤍'
-you OK? You looked upset about that

-yeah I'm OK, kinda bugged me that she insulted everyone in the gym. It's my fault though

-how is it your fault? You didn't tell her to be homophobic or know she would be like that.

-yeah but if I wasn't here that wouldn't of happened

-sh no one cares we all just got mad that she would say that to you. I wish I could come give you a hug

-meet in the bathroom? I could use that hug if you're still offering

-sure I'll tell me team ill be back in a minute then you can head out and meet me there

-OK, see you in a sec

Closed chat

I walked over to Daichi saying I was going to the bathroom for a minute and he said it was fine so I ran to closest bathroom in the gym building. I waited for a minute by the sinks before I heard the door being pushed open and am upset looking Tooru approaching me. I opened my arms and he came straight into my embrace shaking and crying into my shoulder. Obviously he had to bend over which was probably uncomfortable but he needed the comfort more. I rubbed his back whispering soothing words into his ears as he cried eventually calming down and he stopped shaking so violently.

"it's OK, you're OK. I could see you were bothered by what she said, I didn't know it was this bad though" "-m sorry" "no no! It's fine really, I just didn't know you were so worried about what others thought, you seem so confident." he averted his gaze for a second shifting nervously so I pulled him into another hug. "it's OK you don't have to say anything" "It just made me realise that not everyone is accepting. What if my parents don't accept me? What if my professional career gets affected by this. I really like you and I wanna date you, I'm just scared" I realised that he wasn't scared of being gay but just how it would affect his future, and I understood that.

"hey, I really like you too and that's all that matters to me. My parents don't know that I'm gay but even if they don't accept me I won't care because I know you do and my team too. If anything happens I know I can rely on you and so I stop worrying. Because you are all I need"he kissed my cheek and took his face out of my shirt to look at me. "that makes me feel better, you're all I need so I shouldn't worry" he smiled weakly. "exactly, now let's clean you up and head back OK?" he nodded and splashes his face with water from the sink drying himself off with toilet roll hoping his eyes would look less red. It worked to a degree and he didn't look like he just had a nervous breakdown. My shirt was wet from his crying but I just washed my hands very aggressively splashing water on my shrit so it looked more accidental.

We headed back to the gym me walking in first then Tooru coming in a minute later and we both rejoined our teams before starting another match, this time Karasuno winning.

By the way guys if you ever spot a mistake please comment and I'll fix it! My autocorrect is messed up and sometimes my typing goes wrong so I'd love to fix it