First Date

Alastor's POV

I was waiting in the main room for Angel to come downstairs. Same as yesterday when I asked him out, I'm very anxious. I took some time to try and calm myself, but when I start thinking about this date, my nerves come back. Not as strong as when I confessed, but it was still there. I took a deep breath, this will be fine, just be yourself. That's what he likes, right? "Hey Al!" I looked up to see Angel standing in front of me. He was dressed in a light blue of the shoulder sweater paired with black leggings and his usual knee high boots. "Hello Angel, are you ready to leave?" I asked. "Ready as I'll ever be!" He replied. He sounded a lot happier then usual. "Then, shall we?" I said and offered him my hand. "We shall!~" He said as he took my hand and we walked out of the hotel.

Angel's POV

Al and I walked out of the hotel holding hands. I did get some looks as we walked down the sidewalk, but I couldn't give two shits. I'm happier then I had ever been in my entire life, alive and dead. I was with a man that for once treated me with kindness and respect. I have a feeling this will be better than any date I have ever had. Alastor turned to me and said, "So I heard a new Cold Stone opened up down the street. Would you like to see what they have going on? " Little did he know, I was sucker for Cold Stone and I had to contain my excitement. "Sure! I've been wanting to go down there for a while, but never had the time." I said.

 So we walked down to the Cold Stone, and I almost had to choke someone because he recognized me because he was one of the people I slept with. But he got the point and left me alone. Al ordered both our ice cream and we sat down outside. "So, I never really asked you this because it's personal, but what's your relationship with your family like?" Alastor asked. I know he ment nothing but to be respectful, but the subject is touchy for me.But he had been brave enough to ask me out and take me here so I owed it to him.

 "Not the best, the only on in my family who cares about me is my twin sister Molly. My brother and my pops never liked me because of my sexuality and that I'm a druggie and alcoholic. My pops always claimed that I made him look bad and that it wouldn't be good for his status as a mafia leader." I said. "The only good relationship with a parental figure I had was with my mother. But she eventually shot and killed herself.  Molly and I have been talking a lot trying to find her down here, but we've come up with nothing." I explained. I looked up at Alastor and he was in a state of shock. "O-oh shit! I'm sorry! I-I said too much!" I panicked. I had gone off rambling and it was not good. "No Angel, is ok! I understand how you feel." 

 Alastor's POV

Angel looked at me, "Really?" I did understand and after he told me about his family , a lot of things clicked and I felt really bad for him. "Not exactly, but I hear you, and I am dreadfully sorry that your family is like that!" I said. Angel looked at me, his eyes were bright and he gave me a soft smile. "Thank you, your the only person I've met to care enough and listen to me and my problems! I never really expected that." He said. "Of course I care about you Angel! I love you and I want to be there for you!" Angel's face was a little red. I smiled at him as well, but not my usual forced smile, this was a genuine, loving smile.

 "Anywho, what about your family?" Angel asked calmly. " I never really had a relationship with my father other than him teaching me how to hunt and use weapons. " I said. "That was a mistake." Angel joked. I laughed it off because he had a point. "The only one who got me was my mother. She was always so supportive and some called her the kindest person in Louisiana. She loved nothing more but the cook, bake, and spend time with me while my father was at work." I continued. 

"She's the one that taught me most of my hobbies I have today. We had this grand piano in the living room, and she would always play it and we would sing together. Once she made her own song, put it in a music box, put that in a silver heart shaped locket, and gave it to me. I still have it, I know that, but I can't find it." I said. Angel looked at me with a look of contentment and kindness. "You were close to your mother, weren't you?" He asked. "Yes, she was my best friend." I realized two things then, this was getting a little emotional and we had finished both our ice creams.

Angel's POV

Alastor stood up and said, "Well, let's throw these away and be on our way." I noded and followed him out. As we walked back to the hotel, Alastor turned to me and said, "Angel, I really had fun on this date and I realized we are a lot more similar then I thought. Plus we both enjoy each others company." His face was a little red. Once we were on the porch, he asked me something I thought I would NEVER hear from him. "Angel, would you be my b-boyfriend?" I was ecstatic. "Of course I will! " I then insistently kissed him on the lips. He turned a deep shade of red, but kissed back. "I love you Angel." He said. "I love you too."