Shedding

Seyfi seemed more reserved after that night, giving (Y/N) more space. But something changed between the two, a kind of peaceful coexistence you could say. Many conversations she received however, was that with customers. All of which had heard about the human working for Seyfi and many only came to see for themselves. His shop had been busier than ever and yet he barely noticed. (Y/N) was a new found comfort to him. Everywhere the young Naga went he was reminded of her.

But one fateful afternoon, when (Y/N)
had just returned from buying supplies she found quite a sight before her. Seyfi lay on the floor squirming and tossing around. He scratched as his scaly hide, dragging his nails back and forth. His entire body seemed to itch terribly. (Y/N) stopped instantly, her bags of food landing on the floor with a thud. In his crazed frenzy the Naga barely noticed her entrance.

"Seyfi!", she ran to his side. "Are you okay?!"

"Nnnnnnngggg...yup, yup, yup, yup, yup, yup....all good...", he replied. He continued to claw viciously at his scale covered tail. (Y/N) tried everything to soothe him. She reached for a jar of medication but Seyfi instantly swiped her hand away. "Th...ugh..that won't do any good (Y/N)...", he groaned. Now on her knees, her hands resting on Seyfi's head in an attempt to calm him down, the girl brushed her (H/C) hair out of her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Here....let me help...", (Y/N) said. She began helping to scratch the dull scales upon his tail. Funny, she didn't remember his serpent body looking so faded. Seyfi let out a groan. "Does it hurt?"

"A bit.....", he complained. "Itchy......" He still seemed restless.

His grey scales, they were dry and horrible to touch but Seyfi seemed to relax slightly as she continued to scratch faster. Seyfi exhaled happily. That's when his scales broke away all together. (Y/N)'s screams shook half of the cavern. "Aaahhhh!" She fell back in shock as a layer of dead faded scales was left behind. Seyfi slithered away, leaving his old skin behind.

(Y/N) continued to gag at the sight. The Naga laughed slightly before wrapping her up in his arms. "I should have told you about that....", he said with a chuckle. "Naga all shed their scales....it's a..uh once a year kind of thing." Seyfi rocked her back and forth, cradling the girl, still in a state of hysterics.

"I...I thought you were hurt or something!", she squealed angrily. "I'm okay, I promise.", Seyfi assured her. Looking down (Y/N) could see his tail, it was brighter now. It glistened anew, his white scales bursting with iridescent colour once again.

"It's amazing isn't it?", he said. Seyfi looked to (Y/N) and then down to his new serpent tail. "Go ahead." He waves a hand. A small grin appeared upon the young girl's face. Seyfi lay belly down upon his bed. His bed was nothing more than a large flat stone but covered in quilts and pillows that made it far more comfortable. Sat down next to Seyfi, (Y/N) reached out her hand cautiously.

Her fingertips stroked his pure silver  scales. They were so soft and cool, like brushing one's hands over a smooth pebbled beach. She continued to rub his back and tail affectionately. Seyfi hummed cheerfully with his arms stretched out in front. Then Seyfi rolled over to face (Y/N), he curled his tail so that her legs intertwined with his serpent body. He pulled her closer and stroked her hair. The girl opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted as the Naga licked her cheek with his forked tongue. (Y/N) blushed.

"You make me so happy.", he cooed and (Y/N) leaned forward to kiss his forehead. "You can stay here forever with me.", Seyfi whispered. That's what made her smile fade as she remembered; how even though she had Seyfi tending to her every need, still, she was a prisoner. Her companion looked to the girl lying back in the dimly lit room.

"Tell me (Y/N), Do you like it here?
Tell me the truth because I want to know how you truly feel....

....Do you still want to leave me?"

*What would you say to Seyfi? Hope you're enjoying the story so far! I really appreciate you taking time out to read this*