"It's a gift..."

"What are you doing?!", Seyfi whispered round.

"Shh!", (Y/N) hushed him. She focused her attention on the stone dragon. She now had his full attention, despite the odd uncontrollable snicker. "Is that so?", the dragon mused. (Y/N) nodded her head as confidently as possible.

"Don't you know how dangerous humans are?"

"We have explored every inch of the Earth and claimed it as our own, we have levelled forests, tamed the seas and taken control over beasts of all kinds.", with a roll of his green eyes she could tell he was still very much unconvinced.

Seyfi remained silent, his face aghast with horror at (Y/N)'s plan. It was so absurd, he prepared himself for the worst. But his companion was not finished just yet.

"We live aside wolves, they follow our every command, we have created weapons so powerful they could wipe all life off the planet in mere moments.

We hunt whatever we want, we even hunt one another, we are wild and untameable."
The creature before her seemed quieter now, her words began to wear against his own monstrous ego. But he was not yet disturbed enough to hold back a sneer and a scoff.

"AND I....", (Y/N) raised her voice with her fists clenched by her side.

"....I'm the worst one...",

her tone became dangerously soft. It worked. The dragon began to back away slightly but he did not move from the exit to the canyon. "You are lying!", he scowled down at the human beneath him.

"How do you know?", she replied. He thought for a moment.

"If you are in truth an all powerful "human", then prove it to me....."
(Y/N) swallowed heavily. She didn't think about that and now she found herself thinking on her feet.

"....uh......e-even my own kind fear me!", she lied. The dragon raised an eyebrow and tilted his huge head to the side.
"...oh..uh...t-there is a village to the East of here, full of humans! T-they run
...um and hide at my very presence."

"Very well", he replied, his draconian eyes narrowed suspiciously. "We shall travel there and you shall prove it to me!", he bellowed. Without another word the beast extended its wings. Grabbing (Y/N) and a very frightened Seyfi in his claws, he carried them towards the village.

While the dragon's grip was rather uncomfortable, the view from the skies was polar opposite. All around one could see the rolling valleys of the desert, dotted in bushes and old trees. One could see the canyon below, funny how small it looked now, it seemed infinite on ground.

But the most spectacular view of all?; the mountains.
Towering high above them all, draped in white snow, (Y/N) had a clear view of the rugged precipice, every jagged edge, every sloping inch was visible in perfect crisp clarity. White melted into hues of grey and brown that created the natural wonder that left them in witless awe.

Floating above, amongst the silent drifting clouds she almost forgot about the danger. Seyfi however, seemed much less interested in the views, rather clinging on for fear life. It made sense, Naga aren't known for being excellent at flying....
He looked round to (Y/N), still dreading every moment. And that's when she felt sorry for him. Reaching out a hand for him to hold, she spoke with her best attempt at a comforting smile.

"It's okay......I'm not going to let him hurt you....trust me..."

Seyfi calmed down....a little. He did trust her. And in taking (Y/N)'s hand, she too felt a sudden surge of hope, that they could get out of this. She forgot the ice thin chance of survival that both she and her Naga companion shared, for a while. But It wasn't long until she was swiftly reminded, the village was in sight.