Chapter 5

Happy New Years!

I walked in the shop again seeing all the now familiar pictures that hang from the wall. I hadn't spoke to Harry since the party which was four days ago.

I just took a seat knowing he'd be up the counter when he got done with his other client. Soon enough he was and he looked at me and gave me a small smile and waved his hand for me to come along.

I walked to the back and sat in the chair again, "what are you getting?"

"I want a compass." He nodded put on his gloves and grabbed the alcohol.

He wiped my arm down and then fanned it with his hand. After it dried he begins to sketch on my skin with his purple marker. Then he had me look at it and he began tattooing me. "I want to apologize for acting so weird after I found out you were -gay" he shrugs.

"Its alright." It clearly wasn't alright. I was quiet thinking of something to say or do.

The tattoo went by agonizingly slow with the silence drilling into my brain. He finished up and threw his gloves away, "all done."

I walked with him to the front counter so I could pay and be on my way but when I got done I just stood there. "Hey- uhm- I haven't ate yet and was goin for a bite to eat, do you want to go with me?" He looked at me as if he was trying to figure me out.

"I can't I have a client in a bit." I shook my head and I can't bring myself to leave just yet.

"Oh, well-" I grabbed a business card off the desk and a pen, jotting down my number I handed it to him. "If you're ever up for a bite give me a ring."

I walked out the door and felt both exhilarated and awful. I wasn't suppose to feel this way about him, But I do.