How the Weeb was born

As a kid I've always urned for companionship. Even though I have many siblings, none of them we're really my friend. As the eldest child, I was always treated differently. I was never really had enough time to bond with my parents before they had Lucas. Most of the time I'm by myself. Alone. Until my grandparents came over from Japan (Yes, I am making Kyran Japanese) and he gave me a comic.

Grandpa: For you ki-ran.

Kyran: What is it?

Grandma: It's a manga.

Kyran: But Ba-chan, it looks like a comic book.

(A/N Bachan is Grandma in Japanese.)

Grandpa: It's a Japanese comic book.

Kyran: Cool! Thank you!

After my Grandparents went back to Japan, I started to read the Manga. It was one of the most wonderful things I ever read. It transported me into a world that I never thought I would see. The characters are relatable, unlike most movies. It had a certain light hearted feel to it, but a certain darkness too.

Heh...I'm embarrassed to say this but I used to imagine I was the main characters from my manga...but, who wouldn't?

My mom noticed how much I enjoyed the book. I read it everywhere! During dinner, at school, and when we go to the store. So I guess she got the idea.

One day, my mom came home from the store. She handed me a bag, and I looked what was inside it was a movie. It was titled Spirited Away. My mom put it in the movie and I instantly fell in love with it.

I still felt something was missing in my life, but I didn't know what. But Manga and Anime is a good substitute for now.

That's how my love of anime started.