Behind the Mask

Halloween...a day that you can hide your face from the world, a day that people can be the most judgmental about what you wear.

Kyran's POV

Today is the Halloween. What else is on Halloween? Is the Halloween dance. I normally don't go because everyone there is all gaga with their "date". It's just gross. My mom encouraged me to go, but I didn't want to until I met her.

It was the morning of the first day of school and I was alone, like always. I was just watching some YouTube videos until I looked up and saw a beautiful girl with locks of gold, and her eyes shined like diamonds. She was such a sight to see. I didn't know what to think. My mind was clouded by her image.

At lunch, I was with my friends, Me, Myself, and I. Until I saw that pretty girl again. She sat at the table across from mine. I wanted to talk to her, but of course the natural introvert like me, didn't have the guts to.

All the time, I see her with a blue haired girl. Wow I thought. Providence is on my side!

After a few months, I saw her walking in the hallway and she said;

"Wanna go to the dance Funneh?"

And she replied;

"Yeah, sure!"

I guess I'm going to the dance now.

~·~

My mom was really excited for me.

Mom: OH KYBEAR! I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO THE DANCE! LETS GET YOU A COSTUME!

We went to the costume store in the mall and found a costume, a Knight costume. I thought I must be brave to do this, so it's perfect.

~·~

The dance was so lit! Everyone is dancing and having a great time, then I saw her. She was in a Alice in Wonderland outfit. She was so pretty. I can't just go up to her and ask her! Can I? NO I CAN'T! ILL MAKE A FOOL OUT OF MYSELF! When I talk I'll probably stuttering. Wait...what if I DON'T talk? Yeah...that's what I'll do. I put my game face on and went over to her. She can't see how nervous I really was under the mask tho. Silently I asked her to dance and it was the most magical time I ever had. She introduced herself to me:

"My name is Gold. What's yours?"

I was so nervous that I can't speak. My heart was beating so fast!

"Oh...you're not a talker. It's okay."

Gold...she was so kind to dance with someone that she never knew. When I touched her, I knew that she was the one.