Romeo Tacker-Mist

Hi, I'm Romeo Tacker. I know what you're thinking. Who names their son after a boy in a Shakespeare play? Ask my mom. She would know. Ask my dad. He would know. Anyway, I get bullied in school because of it. I am shoved into the lockers and being teased because I have the name of a lover boy with a pretty girlfriend, but I'm a scrawny kid with absolutely no girlfriend at all.

I was walking down the hallway when Thalia Grace, the hottest girl in school, comes walking down the halls. She has short black hair that is in a bob cut with electric blue eyes. She has a goth look to her, but with her beautiful figure, she can get any guy she wants. Well, except for the fact that she hates men.

Whenever a boy comes to confess their emotions to her, she'll punch them in the face and shout in some other language before the other people have to drag the boy to the nurse's office to get ice and a cast. I wish I could be her boyfriend, but she has never looked at me before. I'm just an invisible guy with no friends. Thalia has never cared about popularity or being sexy. She just shouts in some odd language and pushes boys into the lockers. I've got my eyes set in hard on her.

She walked down the halls and I saw every boy cower in fear, though they were still drooling. Thalia just scoffed them in the face, muttering something about hunters and Artemis, goddess of beauty. She pushed her locker open and then, a new kid came in. He had jet black hair that was windswept and hot, sea-green eyes that every girl got lost in, and a great tanned muscular body that made me glare in envy. He spotted Thalia and walked up. He was going to get beat badly. Every boy was cowering and whimpering, scared of another fighting scene.

Thalia was looking at a picture, smiling.

"Aw, Pinecone Face is looking at a book?" he whispered in her ear.

She turned around to try and slap the boy but when she saw his face, she froze. He judo flipped her.

"You're getting sloppy, Thals," he smirked at her.

"Kelp Head!" she yelled and jumped on him.

He laughed and brushed her beautiful black hair.

"Hey, Thals. How's school?" he asked her.

"Boring. The stupid boys don't know that I'm a hunter," she grumbled.

"Do you really expect them to know?" he chortled.

Thalia did the thing I thought no one would do. She kissed his cheek. All boys gasped and all girls began to glare at Thalia.

"Aw, Sparky's being emotional?" he taunted her.

She slapped his cheek lightly.

"Shut up, Seaweed Brain," she muttered.

"Pinecone Face," he smirked.

"Fish Boy," she grinned.

"Sparky," the boy continued.

"Kelp Head," she smiled.

"Um... dam it! I can't think of another one!" he whined.

"Hand over ten drachmas," she chuckled.

Drachmas? Those are gone! They're from Greek Mythology!

"Fine," he groaned, handing her ten golden coins.

I walked up and Thalia glared at me. The guy got out a coffee and began to sip. Thalia got her own and sipped hers.

"So... how long have you been dating?" I asked.

Both of them choked on their coffees, hitting their chests and their eyes as wide as saucers.

"What?" I asked.

When they were done, everyone was staring at them. Thalia held the guy's hand.

"Why would I be dating my cousin?" she asked.

"Uncle Z married his sister," the guy said, smirking.

"Yeah, but Hera--" she began but the guy put a finger to his lips.

"We're not supposed to talk about that with the... you know," he said, looking at everyone in the school.

Suddenly, a huge roar ripped through the air, coming from nowhere. I felt something in front of my eyes go away and I saw a bunch of beasts. Thalia pulled out something and the guy pulled out a pen. Everyone stared.

"What's a pen going to do?" I sneered.

He uncapped the pen and it burst into a sword. Thalia took out a spear and a shield.

"Thals! You get the Chimera! I'll get ol' Beefhead! If things get worse, call Chiron!" the guy yelled.

"On it, Percy!"

They ran in. The guy flipped, dodged, slashed, killed, did everything with that sword. There was this huge bull man. All the teachers were looking.

"The Minotaur..." one whispered.

The 'Minotaur' grabbed the teacher and began to squeeze.

"Hey, Beefhead!" the guy yelled.

The 'Minotaur' released the teacher a little bit.

"You wanna fight me? Put the teacher down!" he yelled.

The bull man looked uncertain.

"Don't you want revenge for me killing you when I was twelve? I killed you when I was in sixth grade. How embarrassing for you fellow monster friends in Tartarus!" he hollered.

The Minotaur dropped the teacher and charged at the boy. He punched, but the boy rolled and stabbed. It roared again and picked the boy up in its arms, squeezing. The guy evaporated into mist and was suddenly on the monster's back.

"Aw, here we are again... just how it went down years ago," the guy sneered.

The horn of the Minotaur ripped off and the guy stabbed it into the monster's chest with lightning speed. The monster roared and it evaporated into dust. Thalia was fighting the Chimera. It's poisonous tail was going to sting her, but Percy cut it off, killing it from behind.

"Gods... we better go, Thals," he said, holding her hand as they both turned into mist.

I learned on that day that the Greek gods were real. I also learned that Thalia was a hunter of Artemis, the most man-hating group of girls in existence. There goes my chances with Thalia Grace. Oh, well. I'll try and find another hot girl that isn't a demigod like her.