Fuyuki

Strange

Shirou had no idea how he ended up in the chapel, bleeding to death. He didn't know why he was targeted by some lunatic. Perhaps it was due to the artifact his once caretaker had magicked into his chest. He could hear the footsteps, fast and heavy on the cobalt ground. His final thoughts revolved around the man who had raised him. Kiritsugu... Is this why you hunted your own kind...

Then, the room was bathed with a faint glow and suddenly, there was a young lad standing before him. Pale blond hair reaching the middle of the back, tied into a ponytail. Red and gold armor. Just what was happening, really?

Call

He had felt the pulling sensation of a contract meant for him. Now, here he stood in what appeared to be a church. Great. Lovely. Red tinged green eyes scanned the area before he turned around to address his summoner. He promptly balked. The young man looked average, a bit less if he were honest. Short red hair, school uniform, the shocked and confused blue eyes. How in the hells has this guy summoned me?

Misinformed

Rin could barely believe it. The young boy in front of her, her classmate, a mage like herself? How fitting that this new, uneducated guy would get a child as his Servant. She didn't believe for a second that the armored boy who fought her Saber was an Avenger. There were only ever seven classes that fought in the wars, Avenger class Servants are not one of them.

Alliance

The brat kept glaring at her, like she would turn her back and break her word! "How dare he! No. You don't get to stop me, Master. The word of an Emperor is final!" Saber has no idea why her Master even took this... friendship... into consideration. The other magus was obviously not experienced or talented, seeing as he summoned a brat and has been thusly fooled into believing he has summoned an Avenger, of all classes! Still, she gave her word to fight alongside them and she will not break her promise!

Knight

Avenger could remember the Knight's Code. He didn't agree with all of it, but right now, he definitely agreed his duty was to protect his Master. Gods above, he has grown attached like no Servant should! Facing up against the pesky Caster with panic brewing in the corners of his mind as he searched for the red haired mage just confirmed his feelings. How envious he had felt when Shirou appeared, bleeding and all, aided by Saber, of all people!

Fealty

Shirou is no knight. He's pretty sure he isn't a prince, either. That doesn't mean he can't understand vows and oaths of loyalty. He's pretty sure Avenger just promised to wield a sword only for him, for the rest of eternity. "That wouldn't be logical, though, would it?" His Servant simply shrugged and claimed he won't need to worry about it .

Rin knew enough about pompous, wealthy people. She liked to think she was a world of difference compared to them. So she stops Saber as the Red Emperor began kneeling in front her, sword on her lap and all. She doesn't need her to swear more than the contract, anyway.

Impressions

Initially, Saber didn't think she would like her Master all that much. Rin was not her type at all, aside from the looks. The mage was very beautiful, but her personality wasn't exactly what Saber looked for in a friend, never mind a partner. Ah, but threatening occasions do bring out the worst and best in people. Saber didn't much care that Avenger kept giving her a cold shoulder the entire walk home from Rider's dwellings.