Chapter 3: Pushing You Away

*   *   *

* * *

You anxiously glanced at the vice principal's office. A sigh came out of your mouth once again as you worry about your little brother.

Rina is currently at the infirmary, getting her swollen cheek treated, and Kentaro is getting scolded by the vice principal along with his homeroom teacher.

Oikawa stood six feet away from you while glancing at you over and over again. He was unsure, he didn't know how he should feel about what happened and what to do.

The volleyball captain only wanted to apologize to you, but it seems that he made the situation worst. Though he's not entirely at fault.

Iwaizumi arrived at the scene and asked his friend about what happened.

Then you finally looked at them with your eyes wide open. You totally forgot about Oikawa even though he was beside you from the start. There was a lot of things in your mind and you were angry.

You met Oikawa's gaze and he frantically searched for his words.

"Uh, Uhm, I'm sorry for everything, Y/N-chan..." He said with an apologetic grin. Iwaizumi was beside him, nodding like it was right for Oikawa to apologize.

"...Please don't call me by my name. And I apologize too, for not properly saying that the letter wasn't mine." Your voice was firm, matched with a cold pair of gaze.

Oikawa blinked as he thought you changed suddenly. He was observing you and thought that you were a shy and timid girl who had trouble socializing.

And that's true, it's just that—you have this personality switch when you're absolutely mad. Suddenly, you have the courage to say what's on your mind and you don't stutter anymore.

However, when all of those comes back to you and you gain your senses, you immediately regret it. You would always feel bad and guilty. Because your words almost always hurts and very harsh.

"Ah, yes, Kyotani-san. I just wanted to—," you didn't give him a chance to continue.

"If by any chance, you just got intrigued by me, please stop. You're probably just curious," you clenched your fists as your eyes got colder, "I assure you, I can't satiate your curiosity like how the other girls did for you. So please let's treat each other like strangers."

Oikawa's gaze of interest was all too familiar to you. That's because many have tried to unravel your mystery, but they all just got bored or got tired of you and your mental illnesses.