Missing

- "Mrs. Randall?"

She heard knocking on her door and jumped on her feet. She whipped away tears with both palms and opened front door to police. Her son, Damian, didn't returned last night and she is worried sick about him. Police came as soon as they could, took her statement, and then left to the other boy's house: Owen's. Now, they returned, and Helen was hoping they have some news. Preferably good ones.

All her hopes vanished as she noticed they are alone. No Damian with them.

- "Any news?"

- "Do you recognize this, Madam?"

In his hands, he was holding a little black notebook and the other police officer had the rest of her sons stuff.

- "It is my sons, his notebook and a backpack", she confirmed and press her palm on the doorway, trying not to faint.

- "It seems he and the other boy, Owen, escaped."

- "How? Where to?"

Police officers enter the house and sit her down in her living room. She was disoriented and worried. Her other two kids, Gloria and Anna were sitting there also, and trying to conceal their mother. They were older than Damian was, Gloria was nineteen, and Anna was sixteen. Both of them had their lives, and weren't paying much attention to small brother, or what is he doing all days. Now, they felt just as the guilt as their mother. For not keeping an eye on him, for not talking to him, for not caring as much as they could.

- "According to those notes inside the notebook, they were after some strange events occurring in the Owens neighbor's back yard. And none of them returned. Boys were playing of some kind an investigation and were walking around at night", the detective said and handed over kid's stuff to the oldest daughter.

- "And that is it? You will just stop looking for them?"

- "No, I assure you that we are doing everything we can to find them. We are talking to witnesses and trying to put up a story what happened after they left Owen's house last night. Maybe they entered some vehicle, maybe they got lost in woods nearby...We are looking for them. Trust us. I am sure we will soon have some real news."

Helen nodded her head and started crying again.

The Detective and Police officer left their house and their misery to them.