Ten |Numb|

Jay's POV

What could be taking that boy so long? I've been pacing here for three minutes. Yeah, I'm impatient, but it shouldn't take long to find Mr. Stewarts in the database. He's been working for my company for years, yet it seems like he just vanished into thin air. I let out a groan as I continued my pacing, eagerly awaiting Sebastian, my tech guru, to walk through the double doors to my office.

Five minutes later, when I'm on the verge of passing out, he finally enters. His shaggy brown hair seemed messier than usual and there were bags under his blue eyes, was it really that tough to find the man?

"I found him, boss." He muttered, pushing his glasses back up the bridge of his nose. "Jonathon Stewarts."

"Jeez, finally." I rolled my eyes. "What took you so long?"

He coughed awkwardly. "He was clearly covering his tracks, sir. He did a wonderful job at it, too."

"Well, what matters now is that we get him back up here to Brooklyn. Whether that involves kidnapping his son, or-"

"Sir, isn't the whole kidnapping thing a bit cliche? Like, every book and movie has done it. Especially when characters are in our line of work."

I let out a sigh. "You do have a point there." I thought for a moment before coming up with an even better idea. "How long do you think it would take to enroll me in high school?"

Sebastian shrugged. "A few days, I guess. Why?"

A smirk formed across my lips. "Well, maybe I could offer him a job he wouldn't hesitate to accept."

"Okay...? But wouldn't he already know the company? And what's this gotta do with high school?"

"That is where you come into play, my dear friend. Seeing as I trust you with my life and we've known each other for many years, you will be the CEO of my new company. I still, however, will be your boss." I chuckled. "But I digress, this new company will be built from the ground up and we will offer Mr. Stewarts the job of a lifetime."

"Why does Mr. Stewarts matter this much to you?"

I shot him an annoyed glare. For a tech nerd, he surely was slow.... "Let's just say I've had a long business history with Mr. Stewarts. One that is dark and should be left under the rug. If you catch my drift."

I heard him gulp. He clearly picked up what I was putting down. Finally.... "So-uh-what kind of job are you going to offer him?"

"Do I seriously have to explain everything to you, Sebastian? I love you to death, but really?" I huffed, facepalming myself.

"Sorry, sir...."

I still don't understand why he insists on calling me "sir", we've known each other since we were in diapers. He's been my best friend for many, many years. Even after my worthless father disowned me.

I breathed to cool myself down. "No need, it's fine. So, are we still going for Starbucks? I still need my caramel macchiato."

He smiled and rolled his eyes. "Of course we can."

"Just let me get ready. Should take only a minute."

"You mean two hours?" He teased.

Walking over to my mirror, I shook my head. "No, I did my makeup earlier today. Just need a few touch-ups. Then I should be ready."

"No random outfit change? No new wig to try on? Are you okay, sir? Blink twice if someone is threatening to kill you." He whispered.

"You're an ass, you know that?" I laughed, giving him the finger. I thoroughly looked over my makeup, from the blue eyeshadow over my gray eyes, to my silver lips. I was looking great, even my lashes were perfect. My platinum blonde hair looked as though I just left the salon, my nails were still flawless, and my highlight was still blinding. "Yep. Still perfect."