Chapter Fifteen: Never again

Dacey's POV:

I look as Oswald's dead body. He was dead not only a week ago. He was dead and I had moved on from him. He had gone. My feelings for him flew away. But some in the pit of my stomach are still here. And now he kissed me. But I kissed him? Why would I? What did I see in him? I remember I was intoxicated by alcohol but still why? I point my finger at him.

"You were gone. You died remember. You left me to think you dead. You died. I had moved on. All of my feelings had gone away and now your just bringing them back." I am mad. Angry. Why did he have this effect on me? I look at his body again and crouch down. There is a photo in his pocket. I take it out and see that I was from the mantle piece in my bedroom. It was a picture of me at graduation that I had faked and brought here. I look at it and wrap it up. This is fake. He stole this so he would have something to remember me by.

But the question was, did he love me? Or was he just playing with my emotions? He is just laid there. Eyes closed and his body still. I look up sighing and get back. I hear some ruffling from behind me. The man hung by his feet is waking up. I quickly walk out of the warehouse leaving Oswald to wake up.

As I walk outside, I hear sirens. Okay so what is the bloody commotion about this time? I think. That's when the police cars came. Inside was Bullock and Gordon. They get out and grab my wrists and cuff them.

"Okay guys, why are you cuffing me?" I ask them. Jim didn't say anything as Bullock was the one to speak.

"Dacey Strike, I am arresting you for threatening and trying to attack Sal Maroni with a harmful weapon." Oh shit. I try to struggle but Harvey has a firm grip on me.

"Listen Bullock, Jim I was mad and I..." I start to say. Harvey ignores me and starts the normal arresting process.

"You will answer when questioned but if you fail to answer these questions then this may effect you in court." I look at Jim pleading. He looks at me disappointed. I shake my head. I try to move again but sigh as still nothing happens.

"Gotham doesn't even have a court!" I shout before getting pushed into the car and thrown down onto the seat. Harvey and Jim got in and we start to drive back to the police station. When the doors open I get dragged into a cell with the door locked behind me.

"Bloody Great! Let me out you assholes! I didn't do anything to harm him... LET ME OUT!" I shout enraged and slam my fists against the door. Nobody answers. I'm so fired after this. Maroni had pressed charges and told on me. God didn't he know a threat when it practically nearly stabbed him. I sigh and go to the other side of the cell, dragging my shadow along with me.

I slide down the wall and put my head to my knees. I hate this. This wouldn't have happened if Oswald had came back. I shake my head and go through memories of what had happened over these past few weeks. Oswald returned. I got pissed and kissed him. He then kissed me. Had a fight with my mother. Shot some people. Threatened a guy. God, this is why I hate my life. I found out about OPERATION MOCKING BIRD. I did a lot.

Unexpectedly, I hear the cell door unlock. I lifted my head in time to see Jim walk into my new room.

He walks up to me and unlocks my shackles. I look at him surprise. What is he doing? He throws the shackles to the other side of the room. He almost immediately pulls me into his chest and hugs me tightly. Okay big fella get off of me. He then helps me up. Confusion is written across my whole face.

"What the hell are you doing?" I question him as he smiles at me.

"Your plan worked." He says. What plan? I thought of a plan? I am now extremely confused. What was he on? Is he doing drugs? Drunk maybe?

"James are you OK?" I ask him addressing him by his proper name. He looks at me and nods his head. I walk over and lean against the door.

"What's going on?" I cross my arms and start to tap my foot. This is really confusing and I hate it. Jim walks up to me.

"You threatened Maroni so that he would call us sk we could then find that body in the ware house." He says to me as if it was my plan all along. I gulp.

"You mean the guy hanging by his legs?" I ask remembering the poor man, although it was a little funny watching him dangle like a fish.

"Yeah he died. But you left him there and I presume you were going to call us?" He replies. I nod my head playing along with this charade.

"Yeah of course I was. Just before you and Bullock arrested me. I found that body just hanging there dead. Don't know who did it. That poor man." He smiles and nods his head. Oh how I hate lying to him.

"But why am I free?" I think out loud. I look and see someone walk through the door. I don't know who it is because all I see is a tall outline.

"Because Maroni didn't press charges, Ms Strike. You are free to go. It was all a mistake. Aren't you lucky? You even keep your job as well." I look at the man walking in. I scowl at him as I recognise the voice behind the mask.

"So he just changed his mind? I have major issues regarding my temper and believe me, I should be in prison." I hiss. Jim decides to leave the room knowing that his job is done, shouting whilst he walks away.

"See you next week Strike." I stare at the man I left earlier. He has killed the other guy and is now staring at me with a grin plastered on his face. I really want to punch that grin away.

"You did this?" He nods his head and makes his way over to me. He brushes his hand over my cheek. I don't move.

"Yes I killed the man and talked with Maroni. I persuaded him so didn't press any charges." He continues to brush his hand over my cheek. I smack it away.

"Why did you do it Penguin?" Venom in my tone. He smirks and points a finger at me.

"You really like calling me by that name don't you Dace. I love it now. You know I might just enjoy you calling me by that name." He mocks. My temper is slowly skipping away as I glare at the man in front of me.

"Why did you do it?" He sighs, grabs my wrist and pulls my out of the cell.

"What the hell are you doing?" I shout. He takes me out of the fire exit. Something is wrong. Why did he save my job? Did he truly care for me? And why has he just dragged me out of the police station?