Chapter 1: Creepy Cookie

"Virgil! You're gonna be late on your first day!"

"I'm coming!"

'God dammit!' I think to myself as I rush around my room, grabbing whatever I need and stuffing it quickly into my bag. I grab my keys and run downstairs into the kitchen, grabbing a slice of toast my mom prepared for my breakfast.

I run to the car where my mom is waiting and get into the front passanger seat. She starts driving. I feel my anxiousness grow as the GPS said that we're ten minutes away from my new school. I am going to a new school because I had just moved into a small town in the middle of Pennsylvania.

"Honey, are you ready for your first day?" My mom asked, her voice soft and sweet.

"I guess...." I mumble, fiddling with my sweater sleeve.

I am not usually seen as 'cool' or 'popular'. I am an emo kid, I always have been dark and edgy.

We get to my school. Sanders Highschool... I am an anxious mess, as I hug my mom goodbye and drag myself into the school. It was cluttered with a whole bunch of highschoolers of all different kinds. Jocks, nerds, band geeks, theatre kids, choir kids, so many kids!

My heart is pounding as I walk to the office and get my locker number and a padlock. I go to my locker and start putting my stuff in it, trying not to be noticed and, go to my first class. Math.

I get into the math classroom and take a seat all the way in the back. Unfamiliar faces start pouring into the classroom and I slouch in my seat. then...

there's a knock on the door. It's my mom.

"creepy cookie, you forgot you hearing aid batteries.." My mother says quietly as my face turns bright red

"mom! leave please!" I whisper-yell, taking the batteries.

Everyone starts laughing and I cover my face, blushing an even deeper red. My mom leaves and I return to my desk, mumbling an apology to the teacher, who shot me a sympathetic smile and kept on with his lesson. As I sit at my desk, I take out my sketchpad and start to scribble small drawings of people and things around me, it not only is interesting but it makes me into a better drawer.

"hey, creepy-cookie." someone whispers to me. I don't answer. "creepy cookie!" that same person whispers louder. I sigh and turn in my seat to glare at the person whispering. The boy whispering to me smiles.

The boy looks friendly... He has fair skin, and freckles and light brown hair. He has on these round Harry Potter glasses, and looks like a sweet friend. He has on khaki shorts and a blue collared short sleeve shirt, and a grey hoodie with the sleeves wrapped around his shoulders.

"Hi there! My name is Patton. What's yours?" Patton whispers.

"uhm.. Hi... My name is Virgil." I whisper back.

"Hello, Virgil!" Patton whispers, giving me a warm and sweet smile.

Chapter 1
513 words