Chapter One

Picture: November Lockheart

Chapter One

"Nova. Nova. November. November Rain. Nova wake up. Nova."

I groaned and grabbed my pillow, suffocating my ears with it to block out the incessant sound of my brother in the morning. Ah, silence. Sweet, sweet silence in the morning without Austin being a pain in everyone's butt and screaming at us to wake up.

He wasn't screaming, but it felt like it - his voice is that annoying.

I had about one minute of beautiful silence, then I felt my sheet being ripped off me and I swear, I nearly screamed bloody murder. For one, sleep is my favourite thing and nobody should ever be absent of sleep in the morning, I believe. I, for one, love my bed more than I love most people.

"First day of school and you're already going exorcist on me?" Austin raised an eyebrow at me with an amused smirk on his face. I had sat up on my bed and was now throwing my usual morning tantrum.

I HATE waking up in the morning. Nothing is worse than leaving your warm, cosy bed at none other than six in the morning. I don't wake up until I smell lunch cooking.

"First day of school?" I freaked. I can't be late for the first day of school since summer break; I have a bad enough attendance record as it is. "What time is it?" I bolted off my bed, sliding on my hardwood floor and nearly splattering into the wall like a dead fly after my mother killed it (my mom is obsessed with killing every fly in the house).

Great, now I compare myself to dead fly's in the morning. This is why I shouldn't be awake. I should be sleeping in my warm bed, dreaming about tacos and playing Xbox. Me playing the Xbox, Austin feeding me the tacos, that is.

"You have twenty minutes," he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and started typing quicker than Usain Bolt runs. "You're an idiot. Just be glad Nate isn't over yet, or you would be dead meat."

I paled, I guess Austin noticed too as he cackled loudly and started to skip out of my room. Before he got out of the door though, I pegged my favourite flip flop at his back. He squawked and nearly dropped his phone. "Oh you are dead. You just wait until I get Nate on to you."

Nate is my best friend. He may as well be my brother, we're that close. That and the fact that he and Austin are great friends. Austin is two years younger than us and in sophomore year now, but he's still pretty high up on the senior year hierarchy - which sucks.

Nate lives next door to us. He usually comes over every morning to wake me up and makes breakfast for me - pop tarts, much to my protests because I want tacos - while I get dressed. He said he couldn't come over this morning because he was getting last minute things ready for his 'start of senior year' party happening tonight. Frankly, I don't want to go, but Nate and the rest of our friends had forced me to.

I just wanted to stay home and finish my game of South Park: Stick of Truth, but apparently that is not even an option. He even forced me to go shopping with Emily, my other best friend, to get party appropriate clothes.

Last time I checked, jeans and a t-shirt was perfect party attire, but apparently not now.

I raced around my room, trying to find my Converse I wear every day to school. I practically live in them, because they go with everything I wear and I don't have to worry about being uncomfortable or anything, unlike the two bee-otches who sit with my friends and I at lunch. They wear stilettos every day, I give them props for that, but nothing else.

"Hurry up!" Austin screamed from downstairs, so I put my butt into a higher gear and quickly found the other shoe hidden under my desk. My question is: how the hell did it get there? My room is pretty messy - but not that messy where you find articles of clothing hanging from the ceiling fan.