Chapter 2

The next morning

Daylight filled the room she was in as Cassandra woke up.
She felt pain in her stomach, but it was way better than the day before. The day before.. Cassandra slowly remembered everything that had happened.. so many dead people.. but also Varian who cared for her..

Then she smelled food. Her stomach was grumbling, the last time she ate was before the battle yesterday morning.
She looked around to see where that delicious smell was coming from.
Infront of the bed a few meters away she saw Varian cooking something in a big crockpot. Varians kitchen is right infront of his bed.. weird, she thought but then remembered that he was a crazy alchemists after all, he probably used all the other space he had in this house for his alchemy.

Cassandra saw that Varian turned around to look towards her, but because of the distance it didn't seem like he could see that her eyes were open. Then he chopped up something, put it into the pot and he turned around again to see her.
He was making food and worried about her.. cute, Cassandra thought to herself.

She slowly sat up and said "Good morning!" Varian flinched and turned around. "You're awake! Good morning!!"
He smiled as he walked to her
"How are you feeling?"
"I've had better days but I feel much better than yesterday." Cassandra replied as she returned a smile.

Her stomach was now grumbling loudly and Varian said "Well, good that I made some soup, I figured you'd need something to get your strength back.."
He went to get a bowl for her, then he got one for himself.

"Wow this is really good do you cook often?" Cassandra said as she ate

Varian laughed "Not really, soup's the only thing I've kind of gotten the hang of since it's a little like mixing alchemy stuff"
Daringly Cassandra said "I hope there's no alchemy in this otherwise.."
"No, no I swear!" Varian now said worriedly.
Cassandra laughed "I'm just kidding. Thank you so much I really needed this.".

"No problem. I'm glad you like it.."
Varian said and after some thinking he added:
"So.. what do we do now? The whole battle has destroyed so much of Corona.. do you think we should go to the castle to look for Rapunzel and the others? Do you think they're.. still alive?". Worry and sadness overcame both Cassandra and Varian.
"I.. I don't know but whatever happens, we have each other.. and that's something to be happy about isn't it?" Cassandra replied.
"Yeah. Of course.. Cassie?"
"Yeah?"

"Can you promise me that we'll stay together? You're the only one I've got left that really matters to me.."
"Your dad.. he's.."
"Yep."
"Varian I'm so sorry"
"No no it'll be ok.. really.. I'm really glad you're here you know, I'd choose you above anyone else.."
"I feel the same way, Varian. I promise. I promise well stay together. No matter what, ok?"

"You feel the same..." Varian sighed. He seemed to be in deep thought about something..
"Cass? I want to tell you something. I've been wanting to tell you this ever since you got back here.. maybe even before that..