Chapter 21

A/N: a short Minho x Donghyuk part ahead.
Youngbae's POV is after that.

_________________________________

Donghyuk's POV

"So he already has someone, huh..." Minho sighed, inhaling his cigarette as he brushed my hair.

He was pretty busy lately because our parents were really tense.

Minho returned to work a week after he quit so now I couldn't see him outside of work.

He did have some time on the weekend because he worked at the bar in those days.

So I came over to his place and we were in his balcony now, he sat on the couch while smoking and I was lying down with my head on his lap.

It was kinda relaxing.

"Yeah... Apparently he met someone." I sighed. "Probably some brat."

"Why do you care? Doesn't it make everything easier for you?" Minho asked. "He has someone, so I get you all to myself."

"Jerk." I hit his chest, rolling my eyes. "He's meeting someone we know nothing about. It can be dangerous."

"Gorgeous, leave it to your parents to worry about."

"Mom won't say no to him. Dad wouldn't mind if mom doesn't mind." I sighed deeply. "But I can't actually say something either."

"Then don't. C'mon, don't tell me you came all the way here to talk here about blondie." Minho scolded me. "You need a fucking drink."

"Can't wait to get me drunk later?"

"I clearly can't."

I sighed and sat down as Minho put off his cigarette.

We got up and I followed him inside the apartment.
Minho got a bar in his apartment so he could make drinks even when he's at home.

Most of the time he preferred to buy beer packs but when he wanted to put some effort he actually used it.

So I sat on the bar and watched him as he made us drinks. Everything that happened was slowly starting to hit me.

I dated Yunhyeong.
I went on a date with Minho.
Yunhyeong broke up with me.
He has someone else.

And I'm feeling a bit guilty.

I know it's not my fault.
We both agreed it's better this way. I have someone else in mind and Yunhyeong has someone who'll look after him.

I'm not the only one he needs anymore.

It makes me feel a bit sad. It's like I broke my promise to him.
But Seungri told me to start taking care of myself a long time ago, I just didn't listen.

I protected Yunhyeong all this time. I made sure he's safe and he will always have someone around him.
He has a new family now.
A family that loves him and cares a lot about him.

And just like he accepted Minho, I'll have to accept the brat who is his boyfriend.

Minho handed me my drink while holding his own, walking around the bar to stand in front of me.

"I know it wasn't easy, gorgeous." He said, wrapping one arm around my waist to pull me closer to himself. "But I promise that I'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated."

"You'll stop acting like an asshole?" I asked amused and Minho chuckled, kissing me softly.

"I'll try my best. Be my boyfriend, Kim Donghyuk."