Chapitre 3

"So I raise my glass of orange juice again in honor of Rey, who gives us the great pleasure of coming back to work with us!"

Amilyn wore a radiant smile. The conference room had been decorated with multicolored balloons, and the entire medical staff were gathered around a bountiful breakfast spread. Everyone was delighted to see the young physical therapist.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you," Rey replied, while her nursing colleague Peter Chewbacca, a two-meter colossus, put his arm around her shoulders and hugged her.

She really loved everyone here and she was greatly touched by the applause and cheers that followed Dr. Holdo's toast.

After putting down her cup, Holdo had to raise her voice to be heard over the din:

"However, I'm sorry to have to end this little welcome party, but it's already 8:30 and we have a lot of patients to see this morning in the PT department ! Take all the pastries you want, and have a good day everyone ! "

"I'm so glad you're here," said Poe, kissing his friend on the cheek before going out with the rest of the staff.

Those who remained settled around the large meeting table, and the new schedules were distributed. Amilyn then took a seat at the end of the table and said:

"So, after several departures within the team, and given the fact that Rose and Charlie here volunteered to go to work at the New York clinic during the coming weeks, I had to reassign some patients and review the schedules. Everything is written on the document I just gave you, and here are the medical records as well."

Snap Wexley passed Rey her stack of manila folders and she began to read the names on the labels:

Harriet Harper.

Lewis O'Hara.

Ethan Fallon.

Ben Solo.

Carol Doug...

Huh? What ! But ...

As Amilyn continued her explanations, the young therapist looked up to cast a look of distress at Rose, sitting on the other side of the table. The latter mouthed a silent "what?" and Rey realized that her friend was not aware that she had just inherited Solo as a patient.

Dr. Holdo finally finished her little speech and wished everyone a good day again. As the room emptied, Rey, list still in hand, stood up and walked over to her.

"Uh, excuse me Amilyn, but I see that I have the name of Ben Solo written on my sheet."

Rose was waiting for her near the door and, Rey saw her bite her lip and frown.

"Yes... Is there a problem?" replied Amilyn, concern evident in her tone.

Rey suddenly felt very stupid. Surely she wasn't going to start making trouble about the distribution of patients on her first day, even if her meeting with Ben Solo the day before had not been the most friendly.

"No, no, everything's fine, I ... I ran into him yesterday in the park. He seems charming," she lied shamelessly.

Dr. Holdo's face relaxed and Rey forced herself to smile.

"You know, I'm really close to the Organa-Solo family. Leia and her brother Luke Skywalker are very, very dear friends," explained the psychologist. "Ben's accident left us all in shock. Rose has already done a remarkable job with him and I am delighted that you're taking over."

"No problem," replied Rey, resigned, retrieving her files from the table. "I'm going to go study these."

"Good luck, my dear. And I told you. Don't hesitate to come see me if you have any problem, okay?"