Chapter 8

Beams of warmth shot into Johns living room. Y/n wakes up and stretches. "So last night wasn't a dream?"

John comes out of his room already well dressed. Y/n blushes as she remembers what happened last night. The fact that John touched her face.

"Hey, is your thigh feeling better?" John asks. "Oh! y-yeah but it still hurts a bit"y/n answered. "Here takes some Tylenol, it can help with that" John said as he passes a container of pills and a glass of water.

As y/n took the pills, John then goes to the kitchen and makes breakfast. "You like eggs y/n?" John asks. "Tank! uh i mean JohnOh my i-its fine y-you dont need to make me breakfast too...but y-yeah" y/n said flustered. John smiles and continues cooking. He wants to make sure the last time he would see y/n face, it would be smiling and happy. He'd do whatever it takes. After a while, he serves y/n a nice omelette with toppings and an avo toast.

"After you go home promise me you won't go out and start protesting again. At least for a couple of days, you can fracture your bone." John said. "Okayyy okayy i got it..I'll be nice to myself and thank you so much ugh its looks so good! I would never expect you to be such a cook" y/n replied cheekily. "Ah well, my father sucks at cooking and I couldn't live with that so I started making my own dinners" John chuckled.

"You really should consider a career in culinary" y/n laughed. Y/n took a big bite out of the omelette. John stares at y/n as she devours her food like she has never eaten before. "She is either really hungry or she really likes my food either way that's adorable." John thought. Every bite always ended with a smile. Oh, he could stare at her forever.

After y/n finishes her food. "Its really good, i don't remember theast time i ate something thats not instant noodles." Y/n chirped. "Im glad you liked it..and you should try eating more home cooked meals...it's not good for your health....unless you want me to cook for you.." John mumbled under his breath. Y/n heard what he said but pretends she doesn't, "haha ok I'll try" she replied. She was blushing and squealing inside. "Imagine having a boyfriend like him."

"Okay so uh just type your address here, I'll call you an uber, and don't worry I'll pay."John says, trying to divert the conversation. "No I'll pay...I feel bad." Y/n said. John understands and lets her pay him. Soon the uber arrives. Y/n already packed all of her things and all she need to do was stand up. She tries with the help of John and she succeeded. Her nerves were slowly regaining feeling and connection. Although there is still throbbing pain it was manageable. John guided y/n downstairs. He could only hold her hand and not carry her over with one hand because he is too tall.

Slowly, they made their way outside where the uber is waiting. Y/n looks at John. "Thank you so much for everything. I can't thank you enough! Its crazy that you'd let me stay and even fed me...you're really kind John....I guess...I'll see you soon." Y/n said smiling. John answers,"Its my pleasure, its the least I can do." John stares at y/n's soulful e/c eyes one last time.

Y/n leaned in for a hug unprompted which, caught John off guard.  "Wow, he smells so good and he is so warm and tall....I haven't hugged a man since my dad in 4th grade..I'll miss him but its for the best" y/n thought. John's hand floated as y/n squeezed his body. He wasn't really sure if he should hug her back, but he accepted the gesture whole heartedly.

Y/n's head could only reach John's chest. John thought it was really cute how small she is compared to him. John eventually hugged her back and patted her head. Its a wholesome scene. Y/n felt chills run down her spine as John caressed her hair. She felt so loved and cared for, she has forgotten this feeling. His big arms felt safe and warm, like being hug by a big bear. Even though he was quite muscular his embrace is comfortable. She tightens her grip and tries to holdback her tears. Y/n didn't want it to stop.

But, alas, the uber is waiting. Y/n slowly lets go of her grip and hopped on. She waved a one last goodbye at John before the car drove away. Y/n felt bittersweet. She's sad she couldn't stay with him and fight for justice. "If only I wasn't hit by a bullet,iIf only I could erase the fact that I accidentally seen his face and known his name, I could still be protesting with him...it isn't really anyone's fault...not even Ta- wait...John's sister...it feels weird referring him as John...I shouldn't really- but he tells me to call him by his name? Ah its hard.....I should've been more careful" She thought as she stares out of the window. Crowds of people are already gathering at this hour. Its shows that the fight is not slowing down. The people will prevail against the system.

John goes back home. He stares at his spec ops gear. "I wonder if i should wear it out. People keep on following me everywhere." John thought. Eventually he decided that today he isn't going to wear his gear. He is just going volunteer.

He ties up his dreads on to a bun and wears a face mask, trying to look as normal as possible. He wears a navy jacket and some black jeans to blend in. And heads out. On his way there he got a text message from y/n saying she already arrived safely. John sighed a sigh if relief, at least now, y/n is safe at home. John pulls his hoodie up to cover up his dreads so people wouldn't be suspicious of him. People would sometimes turn their heads in curiosity but no one followed him. Its great. He also scrolled through twitter and he realizes that the internet is in love with him. It was an odd experience to find people falling for him for his actions. There are amazing talented artists drawing him and people writing fanfics about him. He is a star, but luckily he has no face. After being flattered by the internet, his stop arrived.

He showed up to the venue, volunteering to paint the "black live matter" on black lives matter road. While painting, some people would point and look at him as if assuming he is the spec ops guy, but most people are respectful.

It was a fun job. Its great being a part of history, apart of a revolution. He finished the painting and cleaned up. People were still marching around. He would gladly join but it'll be dangerous. He then helped distribute water and food and set up memorials for the lives that were lost.

Suddenly his nokia rang. It's y/n. He didn't expect y/n to call him, but picked it up anyway.

"Hello? Y/n?"

"Is this the man dressed in airsoft gear durimg the dc protests? You are under arrest for multipe violations of the law, give yourself in or we will use force. The person who owns this phone, who we assume has connections with you, has been detained in our office in down town dc. Surrender yourself or else-"

He is cuts the call. John stood still. His face frozen. His hand rolled into fist. His blood, boiling.

"Someone is gonna fucking die"

~

(Owh yeah its a cliffhanger sowwy its a bit late hihi)