Chapter 12

The tv was running and there was a breaking news. The dc police department was attacked by an unknown man who bombed and shot the cops thankfully no deaths. The newscaster said that the perpetrator is a blm protester.

A statement attempting to taint the movement. The cops were hospitalized and interviewed. Shawn spoke and he said it was an armored man who attacked them and freed one of their detainees. Y/n's face soon flashed on the flat screen. There is also a video of John welding a gun and shooting officers

Its clear that they are criminals to the government. They claimed that she was detained for looting and aggressive behavior during the protests. The masked man came to get her out if police custody by force. They have successfully escaped.

Y/n stared at the tv in disbelief. She starts to shake to the thought of the whole nation knowing her name.  Her family, her friends and her college will know all about this. John understands the severity of the situation. "You'll need to explain yourself ! They can't just lie to the public like that." John said"Well looks like we have to take matters to our own hands."

John is associated with a world renowned hacker group called anonymous. Its apparent since he would wear a guy fawkes badge while out protesting. "We'll need the help of anonymous if we settle this. I'll try to contact a friend of mine, hopefully he isn't too busy in other operations."

John took out his computer and began emailing someone. "So you are apart of anonymous?" Y/n asked. "Yes, I don't do much hacking but i collect info from people. Videotapes, written documents and etc. but in this case we need the help of their platform to spread your story. A good portion of the public trusts them more than the government."
John said. "They can also help hacking the police department's database and cctv footages to search for detainees who have "commited suicide"."

John smashed his nokia phone to bits to make sure the police can't ping his number through his service providers satellites. Y/n was startled by this. "What are you doing?" She said shocked. "So they can't ping me. Pinging is hard and its illegal outside of investigations, since its official that they are wanted, it had to be done." John said

As they dispose of the bits, anonymous replies John's email. They believe y/n and agrees to help. They formed a new operation and called it operation pig butcher. Their first request is for y/n to record herself talking about what she went through and what she knows. "By doing so you will attract more people to your story, not only them but officals too. They will be more and more keen to shut you down. Your life will be in danger. Would you like to proceed?" They wrote. Y/n thought about it deeply. Is she willing to risk everything even her life? She finally decides that she will, nothing was ever achieved by not taking risks. John was against it at first but he knows he cant be selfish. They are facinv blood thirsty criminals whom victims never found closure.

And so they prepare to record. John and y/n writes a script detailing everything needed to be said. Y/n practices as John helps her correct her if she forgets. Then it was time to record, John props up his phone to face y/n. Y/n catches a glimpse of herself in the view finder, her face is still black and blue. Y/n's heart is pounding. She never really done this before and what she will say will impact the world. John stands behind the camera, ready to record. "Rolling in three, two, one.

"Hello internet, my name is y/n. I am now hiding from the public because I am now apparently wanted. I have been falsely accused of looting and agressive behavior on national tv and i would like to clarify what truly has happened. I can testify whole heartedly that i have been nothing but peaceful during the protests. I was forcibly taken out of my apartment without a clear reason why.