endings are new beginnings

November 4th, 1938 • past

"Hey, Caesar.."

It was a breezy afternoon, both of them had just finished their trainings that had a purpose of amplifying hamon strength. The Italian flicked his gaze on the other man, clearly annoyed.

"What is it, Joestar?"

The brunette leaned on the railings of the balcony with his elbow, pausing, "Err... do ya think we'd always be together from now on?"

The blonde man squinted at Joseph.

"Keh! How am I supposed to know? Does it look like I even WANT to be seen with you everyday? Face reality, Jojo!" He snapped.

Joseph just shrugged, closing his eyes.

"Yeah, probably not, but I have a feeling something bad is coming," he sighed.

Caesar stared at him, perplexed.

"Something bad...?"

___________________________________

May 14th, 2024 • present

"OH NO!!! I'M LATE!"

Joseph scrambled in a panic, slapping on himself whatever clothes he could find on his messy bedroom floor.

"Joseph, what are you doing?" Lisa Lisa asked, as she stepped in Joseph's room.

"Uhhh, nothing... Elizabeth."

Lisa Lisa casted a cold stare at him before smoothly walking over and jabbing Joseph in the stomach with her elbow.

"OW, OW...! What the heck was that for...?!!" Joseph complained, through gritted teeth.

"I told you to refer to me as Lisa Lisa, not by my real name." She turned around, whipping her long, silky black hair over her shoulder.

"Also I believe that you're running late, so you better hustle."

Joseph glanced at the clock, which was hanging in an awkward position on his wall.

"GAH! I'M LATE!!!!!"

___________________________________

Since birth, Joseph was always a clever boy. He always liked to play tricks on his fellow friends and classmates, other than that, he had an ordinary life. He's currently 18 with a part time job of being a delivery boy, and attending an okay high school. Maybe staying normal and hidden from society would be the best choice for him....?

Joseph sprinted to the nearby bus station, checking his wrist watch.

"Shit, I'm 10 minutes late," he muttered to himself.

There would be no time to fuss about it though, classes would start in a few minutes and Joseph didn't want to be late for the 100th time. He looked around and came up with the perfect idea to get to school. He shifted his backpack onto one shoulder and stepped back a little from the road. He took a deep breath and sprang forwards, landing on a moving car. One by one, he began making his way to school.... by leaping on moving vehicles. They all honked in annoyance.

"SHADDUPP!! I NEED TO GET TO SCHOOL!" Joseph yelled as he continued to hop all over the place.

After more "getting free rides", Joseph managed to get his way to his school's entrance. He stopped and stumbled, leaning on the brick wall connected to the school's entrance, trying to catch his breath.

"Never.... doing... that again....!" he wheezed in between breaths.

Finally, after a while, Joseph would be ready to enter school... eh? The bell rang.

"OH MY GOD!!!! IM GONNA BE LATE!!!"

___________________________________

"Really, Joseph?" Smokey said, as he watched his friend almost fall off his seat because he was choking on his gasps for air.

Joseph reared forward, fixing his position on his chair with the strength he had left, "W-What..?!! At least I... made it in time...!"

Smokey raised one eyebrow "Yeah... by jumping on cars? Really?"

Joseph shrugged lightly, finally relaxing his chest. "Well, duh-"

"Joseph, Smokey!" the teacher snapped. "If you're going to have a conversation, don't do it in my class!"

Smokey quickly turned towards the teacher, "Y-Yes, I'm sorry, miss!", then turned and glared at Joseph.

Joseph turned his head with a goofy face, acting as if he hadn't done anything.

___________________________________

It was after school hours and Joseph marched his way into his delivery station.

"Yo, Joseph!", one of the workers inside greeted him.

"There's a bunch of packages for you to deliver."

Joseph took his backpack off his shoulder, placing it by the nearest bench.

"Yeah? Let me get in my uniform real quick then I'll get to it," he replied back, waving his right hand in the air.

After getting into uniform, Joseph jumped into his delivery car and drove around the city, dropping off packages one by one. It was almost the end of the day and Joseph just needed to get one more package in, and that would be all. He took a right turn and then slammed his foot on the break pedal.

Joseph lifted his seatbelt strap and got out of the car, grabbing the last box from the back of the car. Then he studied the address printed on it, looking up.

He immediately cringed, realizing where he was. "Man... really? A host club?? Ugh, I hate those
types of people."

"Whatever, gotta get the job done...." Joseph grumbled, walking up the steps.

He opened the door with a pull, triggering a bell to ring, he was greeted with elegant music and a large room smelled like tea, women and sweets. Joseph cringed again.

"Oh, a young man, eh? This is a rare occurrence," a voice spoke.

Joseph jerked his head and noticed a man wearing a fancy red uniform walking up to him. Joseph almost threw up in his mouth.

"Seem's like a knucklehead to me, look at what he's wearing."

Joseph clutched the box in his hands, about to crush it, but he refrained from doing so. He looked up slowly, trying to identify who had made that remark. His eyes set on a blonde man in a white tuxedo that seemed younger than the other person. Looks Italian... eh?! That's not what matters right now!

"Well, sorry for my delivery uniform, but I'm here to deliver something," he said, lifting up the box with one hand.

"Ah! Yes, I ordered something for my guests earlier, now this is what I call fast delivery!" the man in the red uniform exclaimed, walking up to Joseph.

Joseph handed the package over to him, then felt eyes laid on him. He looked up to see the blonde man staring at him. He somehow looks familiar... eh? Their eyes met and then he other man turned around with a disgusted face, walking away. What was that about?! This is why I hate these lady attracting jerks! Joseph turned around, stomping out the door. He felt as if he had missed something super important, oh well.

Chapter 1, end.