Chapter 19-

...As the Day Continues...

I made sure to get specific directions to my Magic Safety class from Nim before leaving lunch.
The classroom was only a little way down the hall from the school entrance. I was lucky to get there on time. I noticed patterns in my classes. In classes like Animal Summoning and Guardian Control, everyone was a Piper. In classes like Potion Stirring, World of Magic History, and Magic Safety, everyone was different. I sat down in a seat next to the girl I sat next to in Potion Stirring. She looked up when I sat down.
"Hello," She said quietly.
"Hi," I replied. The teacher wasn't in the classroom so everyone was acting out. Two pipers were throwing some kind of sports ball around the room while a few fairies in mini form sat on a desk in the corner and talked. A man in a suit walked in and sat down at the teacher's desk. The fairies in the corner grew to full size and sat in their own seats, and the boys stopped throwing the ball around the room. One of the Pipers threw the ball over his shoulder and it grew into another boy, who then took his seat.
"Hello, I am Mr. Kirks, I will be your magic safety teacher." Mr. Kirks began.
"Magic is very dangerous, even for Magics, and especially for humans. This class will teach the importance of keeping our culture from them, and how to be safe around magic ourselves. Due to a few incidents in the past few months, the detectives at the CMHA or Corrections of Magical and Human Affairs has required that I teach you all about what to do if you run into a creature. There have-" I zoned out about there. This would be no doubt the most important class that I would take, and I would probably not pay attention to any of it. Funny how things like that happen.
Mr. Kirks handed out textbooks and assigned our first assignment.
Groups of two would have to read the first chapter of the textbook and then write an essay on it. It was a little disappointing to find that this world didn't have chickens, but they had essays.
I was partnered up with the girl next to me. I learned that her name was Mayla Spring. She was pretty smart, and read fast. It was hard for me to keep up. We had half of the essay finished before Mr. Kirks had us stop to listen to another lecture.
Magic Safety didn't seem like it was the same amount of time as the other classes. At the end of class, there was a bell that rang.
It scared Mr. Kirks. He jumped and landed on the desk as a pencil. Everyone took that as a sign of dismissal and left.

...

I found Luca in the hall on my way to Music Mirroring. As luck had it, he and I had it at the same time. He showed me where the class was. It was only a few classrooms away from Magic Safety.
Luca went on about how boring he thought Magic Safety was going to be this year. He apparently had it 4th hour.
A little bluebird flew down the hall and made a circle around my head before zooming down the hall again.
A few seconds later, three fairies in mini form zoomed after it yelling something. When they were that small, they sounded little bells jingling instead of actual words.
"What was that about?" I asked Luca.
"The bird is Markus Sparrow, he likes to pick fights with fairies," Luca explained.
"Fairies?" I asked with a small laugh.
"You have no idea how much it hurts for several tiny fairies to beat you up at once. It is like being attacked by bees with extra rage," Luca explained.
"Luca, how many times have you been beaten up by fairies?" I asked jokingly.
"Only once," Luca admitted. I shook my head.
"What on earth could make a group of fairies that mad?" I asked curiously.
"Markus likes to dump buckets of stuff on them or put things in their hair, it gets them all riled up and they get bloodthirsty," Luca explained.
"Remind me never to get on a fairies bad side," I Said jokingly.
"You mess with one fairy and an entire swarm comes for blood," Luca joked. I laughed a little. I never thought that out of all of the crazy Magic in this world that fairies would be the ones to fear. Never in a million years.
Music Mirroring was just a little ways away from Magic Safety class.
Luca and I sat next to each other. A white flamingo stepped in the room and stood in a small kiddie pool filled with water in the corner. A short woman in an orange Hawaiian shirt walked in. Her hair was pulled into a loose pony-tail, and several multi-colored bead bracelets hung around her wrists. She wore a bright, white smile on her face and her blue eyes almost shone with joy. She smiled at the class.
"Good afternoon, children. I am Ms. Southerns and I will be your Music Mirroring teacher this year. Music Mirroring is the magic of using another Piper's song against them. They play the song to you, and you can play that song back. It can be used as a defense against an opponent," Ms. Southerns explained.
"Have any of you practiced Music Mirroring before?" Ms. Southerns asked. Only Jonathan Murrel raised his hand.
"Ah, that will change this year. All of you will learn basic Music Mirroring skills, to learn more skills you all have the option of taking further Music Mirroring classes. All Magic law enforcement is required to go to University and take at least two Music Mirroring classes, that is if they are Piper's," Ms. Southerns explained. Ms. Southerns continued to drone on about Music Mirroring for the entire class. She handed out textbooks full of sheet music and detailed explanations. She never ran out of stories to tell, or even long descriptions to give us.