Dipper x Injured Fem Half Animal Reader

In this chapter, the species of the reader is not specified (I was so tempted to make her a bear! *Squeal*), but I made it non-specific so you may choose. No warnings. Just purity and fluffiness. If you want more chapters like this with a specific animal or another GF character, let me know. I do like to keep things kind of interesting for everyone and I have gotten complaints about OC's x Cannon characters before, so I don't do those. Anyhow, enough of my babbling. Onward. To this...Cringy...good god...

Warnings: Light swearing, some gore, and....NAKEDNESS!!!! (Don't worry. It's not a lemon.) Dipper is a bit older in this one.

          Nothing. No one. Not a soul in the forest. Or so you thought...

          The birds were quiet as the dead in their graves, the bugs were gone like my sanity (cough cough), and even the Gnomes were nowhere to be found. You had not seen another creature all day. Something was wrong in the forest, and as the only one of your kind in the woods, you had no intel from any other Shifters or Selkies. Being completely in the dark about what was going on, you reluctantly decided to wander out into the woods and scope it out for yourself.

         Immediately upon leaving your (Cave/Nest/Meadow/Burrow), you had noticed that the woodland was completely silent. The sky was blue and the wind drifted lazily through the eaves, making the forest moan ever so slightly. It sounded like soft music as the tune shifted harmoniously. A warm breeze pet your coat, leaving you feeling cozy, yet unsettled. It was the perfect day, yet the forest was in a state of rotting silence.

          As you sauntered along your path along the mountain that you usually took, you heard the water in the river rushing along. It was only early summer and the river still had not fallen from its rise earlier in the year when all of the snow had melted. It was an abnormally cold year and the snow up on the mountain had not yet completely vanished. luckily, you knew of a crossing. You just hoped that the water hadn't completely covered it. A kilometer and a half down your little path was a section of the river in which you had placed some large boulders strategically across the stream a few years before. You hoped that they had not been covered by the rushing water. You sped up, antsy to get to the crossing. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, and when you got there, you were delighted to see that the rocks were indeed, not submerged in the river. However they were wet and most likely slippery.

          After some thought, you decided that you could probably make it across. So with a little hesitance, you began to step back so you could get a little bit of space to accelerate. The river began to look more and more menacing, but you were determined to investigate the other side of the forest. After some more procrastination, you began to speed toward the river. You had found out long ago that the best way to cross this way was to just keep jumping from rock to rock without stopping on any of them, and so when you landed briefly on the first rock and realized just how slippery the boulders were, you panicked and bolted faster across the way. You passed over the next three rocks without much trouble, but when you reached the third, you lost your footing only briefly, but It was more than enough to mess up everything.

          Your left leg slipped and your other leg crumpled beneath you. As you fell down into the raging cold water, all thought and sensibility rushed out the window, and pure survival instinct took over. You flailed and thrashed against the current sporadically. Your mind was blank and only fear remained in your veins. At last, after being swept a ways down the river, you managed to get a (Paw/Hoof) onto the bank. With all of your strength, you kept that footing, and you used every fibre of willpower. You managed to pull your other (Paw/Hoof) onto the bank, then your front half, and finally, your legs.

          "Whatever the hell is going on here had better be worth it..." you thought to yourself before standing up. Through the tingle and numbness of the cold you felt something on your hind leg. An ache and an odd feeling lingering on the skin. Reluctantly, you lifted your back, right leg slightly and looked back to see a large gash running across it. Blood seeped into your fur and some skin hung loosely off of the appendage. Your heart rate quickened. If anything in these woods, anything bigger and stronger than you, smelled your blood, your weakness, you'd be dead meat within the hour.