My life has gotten weird

AUTHOR NOTE:

THIS BOOK WAS WRITEN A LONG TIME AGO (WAY BEFORE THE DATE I PUT IT UP ON WATTPAD.) IT NEEDS TO BE RE-WRITEN BUT OTHER THAN THAT I AM STILL REALLY PROUD OF THIS FANFICTION SERIES SO PLEASE ENJOY. JUST DONT BE TOO HARD ON ME LOL 😂 BY THE WAY THE CHAPTERS MIGHT SAY 'EDITED' BUT THAT PRETTY MUCH JUST MEANS THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY SPELLING ERORS. 

 My name is Joey Grace and my life has gotten weird.

I'm eleven years old and as of a few months back, I attended a boarding school called Yancy Academy. All of the adults in my life tried to tell me that it was some nice private school and that I was lucky to get in. I might have been young but let's face it, I wasn't a complete idiot. Yancy was the place that they sent you to when you couldn't make it anywhere else. They took the lowest of the low. The kids who people could already tell were lost causes.

But did that really describe me?

Yep, pretty much.

None of that ever mattered though because through it all I had one person at my side. My best friend Percy Jackson. We were like two peas in a pod. It was always Percy and Joey, or Joey and Percy. We were a packaged deal and ever sense we had met in kindergarten there was no tearing us apart.

If I had to describe Percy in three words I would say funny, kind and unlucky. Unfortunately for me, that last word describes me pretty well too.

I could start at any point in my life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May. When our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— It was a disaster from the start. I mean, twenty-eight nutjob pre-teens paired with two teachers for a day long trip? Not exact what you would describe as smooth sailing. To make it worse we weren't even heading to a national park, or some place where everyone could run around and get our energy out. We were going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.

Not exactly what you would call a fun time but hey like I said, unlucky.

Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip. I liked him more than the other teachers at Yancy. He always made a effort to be nice to me. I'm not gonna lie though, he kind of gave me the creeps. 

Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchair. He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket, which always smelled like coffee. You wouldn't think he'd be cool, but he told stories and jokes and let us play games in class. He also had this awesome collection of Roman armor and weapons, so he was the only teacher whose class didn't put me to sleep, but the way he would intensely stare into my eyes, like he was looking for something that wasn't there. I just couldn't shake the feeling he was hiding something. But hey that's just me looking to far into things, right?

I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.

Boy, was I wrong.

Me and Percy had lived together sense almost forever. His mom, sally practically raised me. See my mom died in a car accident when I was 5 and after that I bounced around foster family's until I landed with the Myers, the Jacksons next door neighbors. At first it seemed like a pretty sweet deal they had a pair of twin boys who were only a year older than me. Sure it wasn't the nicest apartment but even then I knew it could have been a thousand times worse. Things were looking pretty good, they even adopted me! But then when I was eight they moved to Arizona and left me alone. I never knew why. I had asked right before they left but all they said was 'we'll be back for you soon'. I wasn't an idiot though, after the first few months I knew they were gone for good. The Myers always enrolled me in new schools or sent me postcards but after that I didn't consider them family. Sally practically took me in, she taught me how to ride a bike how to tie my shoes, even how to Braide my hair. Percy and me immediately hit it off after we conspired to steal the class pet in kindergarten. lets just say its harder then it looks to take a fish tank unnoticed onto the school bus. that was the first time we got expelled but sadly not the last.