I think I can fly

As I fell it felt like I was seeing the world in slow motion. Not like when I run, more like when I fall down the stairs. The only difference being I was now falling 600 feet straight to my death.

As I plummeted all I could think was 'really dad?' I mean he turned one daughter into a tree and now he was dropping another straight into a river. Like great parenting skills. Number one worst dad of the year definitely goes to him.

Then something strange happened. Almost as if by magic I felt the sting of poison leave my veins. It was a feeling I can't really describe. I guess it felt like when you get a mosquito bite. You don't really know how good it feels to be rid of it until it's actually gone.

Something inside me told me my dad had done it, but why bother? I was still in the process of falling to my death. Getting rid of the poison wouldn't do much for me by that point... unless. Unless he was sending me a message. He cured me because he knew I could live on my own. I thought about what Annabeth calls me 'super girl'. I guessed it was now or never to see if the name holds up.

I tried to propel myself upward to no prevail. I tried and tried until I was mere inches from my doom. Then I closed my eyes. 'This is it' I thought to myself 'I might as well take in what it feels like to die'. I tried to take advantage of every sense I had. I could hear the bustling of people, not quite realizing what has happened. I tasted the metallic taste of blood in my mouth from biting my top lip. I smelled the fumes of Percy's shirt from above me. I saw the darkness behind my eyelids. But most of all I could feel the wind around me. It almost felt like a cool blanket being wrapped around my entire body. That was the moment when I realized I had been falling for way too long. I opened my eyes only to see the river that was so close I could touch it was now 900 feet below.

My first instinct was to scream. I mean what would you do if you were literally touching the clouds. Then I realized my predicament. I was alive but I had no idea how to get down. I felt like I was five years old again, when I had climbed on top of the jungle gym only to find out I was now stuck, far out of reach of any help.

I knew my father wasn't doing this. I could tell by the way the wind would move with my arms and legs, listening to my commands. Now I just had to figure out how to make it lower me down without killing me .

I could lie and tell you I gracefully made my way down in an orderly fashion but that is NOT what happened. It took me about thirty minutes of slightly dropping followed by my yelp and abrupt stop. You never realize how high 900 feet is until you have to get back down. I only later thought of how weird it was that I knew exactly how high up I was.

Finally I dropped about 4 feet and landed in a patch of grass. I laid there for a second trying to comprehend what had just happened but I quickly realized that was not gonna happen.

As I got up to my feet the scariest thought occurred to me, Percy can't fly.

I bursted into a run as I pushed through the crowds. I ran into a tall man in a brown trench coat. He turned to help me up but when he saw my face he quickly pulled out his camera and took a photo.

I tried to ignore it and continued looking around. The only thought going through my head being that he couldn't be dead. He just couldn't be. His father must have saved him. There was no way Percy could be gone. I couldn't lose everyone I ever loved. No one could have that bad of luck, right?

Finally I saw a familiar face. There in the crowd I could see Grover's bright cap peeking between a small group of people.

"Grover!" I shouted desperately trying to get his attention.

He turned and when we met eyes he looked so relieved he could cry, "Guys I found her! She's not a pancake!"

I turned and got tackled by a giant hug. I looked only to see the hugger was no other than Percy Jackson himself. I quickly leaned into the hug glad he wasn't dead