Chapter 1

Loki's pov:

I never wanted this.

I wanted to be great. I wanted to be something my father could be proud of. That's what I wanted.

But instead I was the monster that children had night terrors of.

I knew, I knew for a fact that if anything I deserved all of what I had been through in the past year. I knew I deserved a world full of pain.

But her? Oh, whatever I had done to deserve her, I could never guess.

For she was perfection. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she was such a pure being.. something of the tales of "heaven".

Her hair a lovely rich Brown, her skin as radiant as sunlight, even in fear, her eyes were gorgeous.

Even through the attack on the city of New York, she still caught my eye with her radiance. I was flying above the burning streets with a Chitauri spacecraft, flying away from the heat of the battle and the wrath of my brother, Thor.

Even with her face contorted in fear, oh, she was a lovely. Concern crossed my face as she tripped, several Chitauri behind her, seemingly intent on killing her.

I shook the thought from my mind. I was Loki! No mortal deserved my pity.

But her scream, her bloodcurdling terror-filled scream...

I knew that if I did nothing she would just be another life lost. "Stop." I said calmly to the Alien creatures that surrounded her. They immediately bowed their heads in obedience, scattering in fear. I whirled to the lady that had so caught my attention.

"I see they left you unscathed. You may leave." I dismissed her as if she was nothing. Which is what she should be to me, it's not as if I could care for any pitiful mortal. As I turned away from her, she grabbed my arm, keeping me.

I turned back to look at her hand in disgust. "Hey your filthy hands off me, you dirty mortal." Her expression changed from one of gratitude to fear. I smirked.

"I just wanted to say thank you.." she started. I turned away from her with a whirl of my cloak, hoping she would leave me.

"You can't just act like what you did was nothing." She called after me, exasperation lacing her silken voice. I turned yet again to her, growing tired.

"I can. And I have. And I will continue to do as I please." I sneered.

"Even if you can just tell me why you saved me from those...things, I would be eternally grateful. That's all I'm asking, please, Loki," my eyes widened, "brother of Thor." She finished.

I turned angrily. That's all I would be.

Perhaps I was wrong with my judgement about her.

"I am Loki, of Asgard. And I have been burdened with glorious-"

"Okay that's great and all but I kinda asked you a question..." she interrupted. I didn't even bother acknowledging her this time. Midgardians were...insufferable.

"I don't truly know why. Something about you caught my attention. That's all. Now go, before you get caught by those horrid scary monsters again." I said to her, in a mocking voice.

"Wait!" I rolled my eyes at her insolence.

"What is it now??" I snapped in annoyance.

"My names Layla." I stared at her, point blank.

"I do not recall asking you for that information." I stated, monotonous.

"I already know who you are though! You're-"