Chapter 4

Feeding her was proved to be no issue, for Thor had asked Jane. He flew to Midgard and gathered all he could think would be useful. Jane had helped him, and upon his return he brought her along.

She entered the room with him, a smile on her face. I smiled back, cradling Yeira in my arms as I sat reclined in a rocking chair. She sat in a chair next to me, pulling a container out of her bag.

"You asked how you would feed her, this is formula. It's a powder that you mix with warm water." She smiled as she put it in front of me, her voice soft as the baby was asleep. I thanked her, relief filling me.

After a quiet little visit with both Thor and Jane, I prepared the formula for little Yeira and fed her. She cooed happily, and once she was finished, her little belly full, she slipped into a peaceful slumber.

———

Taking care of her was not hard, she never fussed when it came to sleep, as long as I was near and in my Jötun form.

It filled my heart with joy that she found such comfort within a part of me I had so deeply hated for so long.

As she was still just a little newborn, I rarely left my chambers, wanting to be near often as possible.

One time I had left, trusting Thor to watch Yeira as she slept.

It will be a long time until I do that again.

I had left for only a moment, wandering the halls to find Mother. I had needed to ask her how to properly change a diaper.

While it looks easy, it was far harder than I had first thought.

After she had taught me, I hugged her and thanked her before heading back to my chambers, nearly rushing.

Being away from Yeira for any longer than I needed was both unbearable and nerve wracking.

Once I was mere meters away from my chambers I began to listen carefully, and upon hearing nothing I felt some relief.

No crying, screaming, the sound of silence within was quite comforting. I exhaled the breath I didnt know I had been holding.

I entered and found there was Hel unleashed in my bedroom.

Thor was partially frozen in the center of the room, his foot and arm frozen to the floor and wall, while there were random patches of ice everywhere with a light sort of snow covering everything. The only place void of any snow or ice was Yeiras spot on the bed. I looked at Thor expectantly, my expression disbelieving.

"Thor, I was gone for two minutes. How did you manage this?" I said, arms gesturing to encompass the whole room.

"Well, you see, it was really more of Yeira fussing in her sleep, and me attempting-note the key word attempting- to sing her the lullaby mother had sang us when we were younger, she starting to frantically look around for you, then started shooting these random blasts of ice everywhere and...well, look at this place." I sighed. I snapped my fingers and the ice all melted, and walked over to my princess.

"Darling, you will become the best god of mischief when I am gone. Im sorry for leaving you, pet." I said, once again turning to my Yotun from and picking up the bundle that was my daughter. I gazed down on her lovingly.

I turned to my brother, a slightly exasperated expression on my face.

"You can leave now. But I won't be asking you to watch her anytime soon alone." I smiled as I looked up from Yeira. "Perhaps Jane next time."
He chuckled and nodded. "Perhaps that would be best."

And he left.

I walked over to my bed, gently laying down the little angel I had in my arms, her small hand holding my pinky as she cooed.