Chapter 14 - Blessing in Seoul

Author's Note:

Dear readers,

Thanks so much for all the comments and votes throughout the previous 13 chapters. I loved hearing about what you thought and how you felt as you read through the material, and it makes my heart flutter.

Much apologies for the delay with this update. I hope you like it.

Note: Of course, all the images throughout this fanfic are not mine. Thanks go to the respective owners.

---------------

The remaining two weeks of the 4-week schedule allotted for filming in Seoul went by quickly as the production team worked away almost every day for at least 14 hours to get the batch of mostly smaller scenes filmed.

The next few months were to be spent on out-of-city filming, before everyone finally converged at the Taean Village set for filming of the North Korean scenes towards completing Episode 1.

The top priority of the filming schedule remained to be Son Ye Jin's availability, as she was going to be physically able to film only until July, at which time she would have been in her 6th month of pregnancy. 

With the delivery estimated to occur by around early-October, she would then have about 6 weeks to recuperate and get ready for the press conferences, interviews, and the launch of Crash Landing on You Episode 1 by mid-December, as well as any additional filming requirements and re-shoots beyond December.

Hyun Bin had been quite protective of Son Ye Jin throughout filming in Seoul, making sure that she did not over-exert herself, that she took her meds and vitamins on time, that they did not miss any of her doctor's appointments, and that she kept herself properly fed and hydrated, and that she had adequate supply of snacks and refreshments with her at all times.

Having to do this level of doting proved to be quite a bit of a covert operation on set, as they didn't want to be too obvious to the uninformed about their relationship and her condition.

Also, always the very private person that she was, on Son Ye Jin's request, Hyun Bin also asked Director Lee for the opportunity to review and approve any footage that was to be included in the behind-the-scenes clips before any was shared to the public as part of the project's marketing activities.

She was on her 8th week of pregnancy by the end of the 4-week period, and Hyun Bin also made sure that she had adequate rest, even on set in between filming of scenes whenever possible. He had installed a cozy twin bed and a plugged-in cooler inside Son Ye Jin's white full-size van.

Hyun Bin had a very strong strategic mind, and whenever he planned something for her well-being it was always meticulously done to the minute details and implemented with military-like precision. It was his CEO mentality at work, applied to what matters most: HER and the BABY.

She basked in his love, full attention and dedicated care toward her, relishing every instance where she was spoiled and treated almost like a real princess, which became the norm. It was the signature, no-holds-barred "Hyun Bin" pampering up close. She couldn't be more thankful.

"I feel like Yoon Se-ri, being pampered by Ri Jeong Hyeok", Son Ye Jin thought, quite amazed at how the fantasy which was Ri Jeong Hyeok's character seemed to have seeped into her own reality. Her heart fluttered each time Hyun Bin moved all resources at his disposable to take care of her.

Hyun Bin's manager had been the key cog in all of these activities, providing "operational" support and oversight where needed or as instructed, and his manager could only scratch his head at some of the overkill done by his boss for Son Ye Jin.