Chapter 16 - A Clandestine Affair in Jeju Island

Author's Note:

Dear readers,

Much apologies for this very, very late update. Work got in the wayJ. Please let me know what you thought of and felt as you went through this chapter. I enjoyed writing it. Thanks in advance for the comments and votes.

Saranghaeyo!

---------------------------

A black airport VIP shuttle stopped at a specially designated and gated side entrance of The Shore Hotel Jeju Island that sunny Saturday afternoon. Security personnel in black suits were everywhere as appa Son and eomma Son got out of the vehicle. They were immediately hit with the fresh sea breeze while a couple of hotel porters progressed to pull out their luggage.

"It's beautiful here!" Eomma Son exclaimed as she inhaled the crisp air. Standing beside her by the curb, Appa Son nodded with a huge smile on his face. "It's a wonderful weekend for such a special occasion, indeed" he replied. The couple had been to Jeju Island multiple times but had never stayed at the Shore Hotel.

Located in the Jungmum Tourist complex of Seogwipo, the hotel was situated along one of the more picturesque shores of Jeju Island and boasted a magnificent sea view in most of its suites. 

A VIP concierge team immediately ushered the Son couple to their suite

A VIP concierge team immediately ushered the Son couple to their suite. A few minutes after, Son Ye Jin was lounging in her and Binnie's suite's balcony, enjoying the view of the intricately manicured rolling grounds and trail in front of their suite while the great expanse of sea laid beyond, when she got a message from eomma Son, informing her that they had arrived and were in their suite.

"Binnie, my parents are here!" she hollered excitedly, and nudging Hyun Bin who was sitting beside her, both sprung up to meet up with the Son couple. To Hyun Bin's dismay, his 13-week pregnant fiancée almost sprinted through the corridors to get to the elevators, eyes beaming with joy, a huge smile plastered on her beautiful face.

A couple of days after that fateful meet-up with the Kim family to ask for their blessing to wed, Hyun Bin quietly convened a "task force" composed of both of their managers, Son Ye Jin's stylist, Hyun Bin's stylist, and a couple of trusted VAST Entertainment associates whose objective was to plan and organize the wedding. Included in the deliverables were the following:

1. To identify a target date (an entire weekend) where:

Coordinating with Director Lee and the CLOY production team, both stars would be available for a full weekend and coordinate with the  availability of the guests;

Guests were to arrive on a Saturday afternoon, have a meet-and-greet dinner in the evening, and attend the wedding Sunday morning followed by a grand lunch reception, after which guests can then catch their flights out or drive out.

2. To locate and reserve a venue outside of Seoul. The location should allow for utmost privacy, the venue can be secured and condoned off, and lodgings should be within the premises of the wedding venue.