Chapter 26

When karan returned from his business trip, he didn't say anything. At first, I was feeling awkward to share room with him. When he didn't say anything, it seemed he forgot about that.

And shlok suggested that I have to share room with him until he won't give me divorce. That's why it's better I also forgot about it.  Sometimes I felt blessed that I have a good friend and good adviser like shlok.

As usual Shlok, grandma, mom and I were in hall and we were enjoying comedian tv serial with tea and snacks in evening. Grandma and mom sat on sofa while shlok and I sat on floor. It was my best time when I spend time with them. When we laughed together, it seemed that I was blessings. It seemed that my dream came true that spend quality time with my family.

I never felt that I was daughter in law in this family. Grandma and mom always treated me like their daughter while shlok treated me like his sibling. And Karan... Forget about him... He was always cold and rude towards me. That's why I didn't include him. Ugh, why did I start to think about him again?.....

Shlok and I were commenting and laughing. While mom and grandma commented on between our comments and laughing. I was laughing that my face hurts badly. I patted my both cheeks with my hands and said between laughing, "hold on....please." 

They looked at me with amusement. Shlok commented, "your cheeks are looking like tomato."
I glared him but it's hard to control my laughing, "I know... It's hurt a lot."
He smirked, "whose face hurts while laughing?"
"Mine.... Do you have problem?" I threw pillow towards him.
He caught perfectly and looked at me with popping his head from pillow, "I don't know you are so weak."
I warned him, "let's play video game and see who is weak?"
He chuckled, "your body is weak but your mind is evil."

I looked grandma with pleading eyes, "grandma...."

She smiled and nodded to me. Then she looked towards with serious face, "Shlok... Why are you teasing her?"

He pouted, "grandma.... Why are you taking her side? I am your grandson. You should be my side."
I got up and sat next to grandma and hugged her with giggled, "but I am her favourite."
She chuckled and nodded, "yeah..."
Shlok looked at mom, "aunty, they are bullying me."

Mom only shrugged her shoulders with laughing like she had no opinion.
Shlok made his face and three of us laughed loudly to see his childish behaviour.

I commented, "you are so childish."
He smirked, "yeah... I am not married like you... Sister in law.
Now, it's my time to make the face. I only pouted because I couldn't say anything about it while grandma was with us. He laughed.
Mom said with serious tone, "now.... Both of you.... focus on tv."

I nodded and sat on floor again while shlok was smirking. I glared him like 'I will not talk to you.'
His facial expressions changed into serious. And I smiled because I knew how to handle him.

We heard a familiar cough sound from our behind. We turned back towards the sound. I was shocked to see Karan. He came back from office just now. From when did he stand there? I sat straight.
He had no expression on his face. He looked shlok and said with low voice, "Shlok, I have to talk to you."

Shlok said lazily, "bro, I am watching tv. Can't we talk later?" He was looking irritated. I looked shlok with wondering. It was first time he talked to Karan like it. Did he know what Karan wanted to talk him?
Grandma and mom were silent. It meant they also knew. Only I was naive there. But I didn't care.

Karan was clam. It seemed he already knew the result. He came in front of us. He took the tv remote from table and switched off. He sat on sofa in front of us and opened his mouth, "Shlok, it's important. Tell me from when are you joining office?" but Karan was not wrong. It's family business and both of them were responsible for it. Even, shlok never told what he wanted to do in his life. He was always careless about career. I thought he already knew one day, he has to join business. That's why he was not tensed about it. But nobody knew what he was thinking about his career or life.