Chapter 8- Tris

I woke up in the bed next to Tobias, who was sleeping peacefully. I couldn't help myself I had to kiss him. I leaned in and kissed him right on the lips. I broke away and he had a smile on his face as he opened his eyes.

"Hey beautiful." He said making me smile.

"Hey." I replied.

We stared at each other forever. I loved him so much. To break the silence I used my finger tips to brush a lock of his hair off his forehead and I said,

"I love you."

"I love you more." He said.

"Nope that can't be possible."

"Yes it can." He said and kissed me hard on the lips. The kiss was passionate but it hardened after a few minutes. Between breaths I managed to say, "Okay......you....win." I felt him smile in the kiss, which made me smile. I pulled away after a few more kisses and stared at his eyes. I loved his eyes.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just love your eyes."

He smiled as he leaned in for another kiss I didn't hesitate. We continued kissing for what seemed like forever but I didn't mind. Until we heard a know on the door.

"Why can't we just live in peace?" I whispered quietly to him but he just shrugged his shoulders. I made my way to the closet as he locked me in he went to the door and opened it. I heard him gasp.

" Christina!?"

"Where is she, Caleb told me everything."

"Come with me." He said closing the door and I heard him walking towards the closet

He opened it and I literally flew out of the closet.

"Chris!!" I said as I hugged her.

"Oh my God, Tris, it is really true."

"I missed you so much Chris"

"You don't know, how much I missed you, I had no friends left. Except Four and maybe your brother."

"Your friends with my brother?"

"More than friends Tris." She says.

"HE IS YOUR BOYFRIEND?!" I yelled.

"More than that." my mouth flew open as she held out a ring on her left hand.

"When?" I asked.

"About an hour before I showed up here. You see we have been dating for like four years, because he was my only reminder of you.  I have not seen him in about a month because he was always busy with work. We went out today and then thats when he proposed!" She ranted, I was still in shock, it was going to be weird to have your best friend be your sister-in-law. But I acted like it was cool even though I didn't really think it was.

"I am so happy for you Chris!" I said.

"I know and a little while after we were talking about who to invite and he said 'Tris'. I was like what?! And then he told me the whole story so I had to rush over here. He also told me about Evelyn so I am guessing that is why you were in the closet." Wow, I forgot how much Christina can talk. You can tell she is super excited.

"Yep." I reply

"Well I better get going, and let you guys be." She said winking at Tobias. I rolled my eyes which made both of them laugh. Once she left I sat down on the couch. Seconds later Tobias joined me. This is how I wanted it to stay, just me and him.

I am his and he is mine, it has been that way all along.

------

I do not own any of these characters, Veronica Roth does.