chapter one

Hey guys new book up still working on it. Hope you enjoy. If any errors are spotted,just know auto correct is a b****. Enjoy✨

💫Shades make you great 💫.

🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️🎗️

Do you ever just want to disappear,shut the whole world out, Bury yourself from existence, be invisible! But you just can't. At the same time you believe that there's more to life than giving up . Well I can't bring myself to do that. Giving up doesn't run in my system and I wish it did sometimes. It would  make me feel...lighter.

My thoughts are cut short when a pair of hands pull me out of the water. I rub my eyes ,wiping the water away. I push my hair away from my face , fluttering my eyes open. The sun rays hit my exposed skin as I swim towards the railing. I look up to my nanny ,who  looks terrified. I give her a big smile showing my teeth out.

" You almost gave me a heart attack. You were in there for ten minutes."

Anna has always looked out for me for as long is I can remember. Even though she'd overreact sometimes, I still love her. Once I step out of the pool , she wraps the towel around me and hugs me tight. I squirm around avoiding her kisses.

" There's one time I held my breath for fifteen minutes. "

I try to push her off but she pinches my arm. Ouch! That really hurt.

" Stop moving and hug me back you muffin."

I laugh as she whines about how I'll be the death of her. Every night before I slept she'd come and pray with me. She'd always remind me my schedule of the day ,even though I don't need her to. She pampers me too much for my own liking but I don't like seeing her stressed out, especially because of me.

" My body is dripping water and I don't want to soak your clothes."

She remains in the same position ,a big smile plastered on her face. Sometimes I feel like she's the one who needs the pampering.

" Anna , leave little Miss. Harrington alone. Your squeezing the air out of her lungs."

That's Kevin , the butler /the smart guy/ my third favourite human being in the world. He walks towards us with a rob on his left arm and his other arm tucked behind him. His suit well fitted as always.

" To be honest Miss. Harrington, I've never understood why you find the water so fascinating. Would you kindly explain?"

I accept the rob and Anna finally leaves my side heading back to the main house.

" And to be honest  Sir.Kevin ,I've never understood why you refer to me as 'Miss. Harrington' instead of ' Cassey. Would you kindly explain?"

I smile and raise a brow at him. Kevin always played the father role in my life. I've never met my biological father and my mother won't even mention him. Not that it bothers me but I'm curious to know one or two things about him.

"You love reversing my words . Anyway, your mother needs you urgently in her office."I wrap the towel around my hair and wear my sandals.

"Did she mention why she needed me so urgently?"

We walk along the pavement that leads to her office. Everyone is busier than usual today. I'll have to make refreshments for everyone. Especially for the ones at the stables.

" No . She seem rather exhausted. She's all over the place."

My mum is always working without a pause. Sometimes I have to drag her out of her office to take a break. We haven't had a good mother-daughter bond ever since.... nevermind. I just miss those days when we were so close. I usually appreciate when she leaves her work early to spend time with me. At the same time I don't blame her for always being worked up. She runs so many businesses on her own. Even though I'm helping her running some, it never seems enough.